The dreaded ABS light...

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2004, 11:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The dreaded ABS light...

Hey All!

Well it finally hit me too. My ABS light is on. I cam in here, did some research and ended up replacing the rear wheel speed sensor. Unfortunately that didn't fix the problem. I have an appointment tomorrow with the local Ford dealer. Any thoughts as to what it might be so that I don't get snowed by them?

Anything else I should try prior to taking it in?

Thanks in advance.

Old 07-07-2004, 10:31 PM
Anyone know what this code means?

I had to drop off a second set of keys at the dealership today and took a peek at the vehicle report they had on the dash. It had error code : 1006-OXO-850077 hand written at the top. It was a 6-7 page report that I couldn't make much out of, but thought that error code might mean something.

Also, can the ABS light come on if the brake fluid is low?

Old 07-08-2004, 01:04 AM
the red brake light would be on if the brake fluid was low.

i dont recognize that code as meaning anything and dont really know why they would have a 6-7 page report but maybe they do things differently.

if an abs light comes on it could be electrical wiring problem, air gap at the sensors, loose wheel bearings can change the air gap. internal fault in the modules thats the real expensive stuff.
or it might just be a blown fuse. there are a few other things these are just the most relative to our trucks.

well good luck and let us know what happens.

Old 07-08-2004, 07:56 AM
I had to drop off my second set of keys because they had to re-program something. They said they think it's because I have larger tires on it than the stock tires causing the wheel speed sensor to be off. They want to reprogram it and see what happens.

Anyone else try that?

Old 07-10-2004, 11:10 PM
Check the brake fuse, this caused my abs light to come on. Replaced the fuse and the light went away.

Old 07-11-2004, 09:27 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Depending on the car, if the fluid is low enough to where the pump won't be able to operate properly, it can turn the ABS and brake lights on.

Old 07-11-2004, 11:59 AM
Well, it turns out that some of the wiring on top of the rear axle was worn thru. They hookec it up to the computer and didn't find anything, so they began checking out the electrical system and found the faulty wire.

Cost me a couple hundred bucks, but they changed the oil and did my recall work too, so all in all it was a good trip. They also recalibrated the computer so that my speedo and odo are correct as I have larger tires than stock.

Thanks for the help!

Quick Reply: The dreaded ABS light...