brake problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 05:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
brake problems

well basically i went to jiffy lube 2 days ago and yesterday when i was coming home from work i went to push on the breaks to stop and the pedal went all the way to the floor...grrr that was scary. I took it home and noticed that the break fluid was kinda low. So, i am thinking that maybe jiffy lube F'ed something up. So what do you guys think? what could have happened? air in the lines? anyone ever had this happen. Also after that happened it was really hard to break, i had to push harder. It now makes a weird noise when i break.

I drive a 97 XLT SC 4x2.

BTW thanks in advanced for anyones help

Old 07-25-2004, 10:53 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Not saying this is what happened, but, Jiffy Lube places are known for mistaking the brake fluid reservoir for the power steering fluid reservoir...

Is the rubber seal underneath the master cylinder cap swollen up? Are there any signs of fluid leaks running down the brake booster from underneath the master cylinder?

Old 07-26-2004, 03:16 PM
well that comment was useless and one sided LOL. Well can anyone help me? I dont think its jiffy lubes fault...maybe. After the pedal went to the floor i get this sound comin from the breaks...kinda like a grinding sound...or like something is loose. sorry if my explination isnt that helpful i am not too knowledgable about this kinda of issue.

thankz for any help in advanced

Old 07-27-2004, 02:47 AM
you should get a full brake inspection. pedal going to floor is not a good thing. and grinding noises arnt good either.

Old 07-28-2004, 11:30 PM
I second that opinon. If your not familiar enough with your particular brake system to have some idea of the problem then any advice given here is not going to help you much. Lots of things on a vehicle can be worked on by trial and error but the one thing that has to work everytime is the brakes. Do yourself and the people you share the road with a favor and go get your brakes look at by a licensed garage.

Best of Luck....

Quick Reply: brake problems