"whirp whirp whirp" noise - rotors???

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 06:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy "whirp whirp whirp" noise - rotors???

Here's the whole story in a nutshell.

I ordered Brembo EOM rotors and EBC pads from tirerack.com about 3 months ago. Changed the front pads and everything was ok for about a day. Then I started hearing this "whirp whirp whirp" noise at speeds under 10 mph from the right front wheel. Also I began to get a LOT of brake dust on the right front wheel. If I hit the brakes the noise went away until I released them again. The noise was always a little louder and more noticeable on damp days too.

This past weekend I pulled everything off the front and had the rotors turned. Then I put on a new set of Duralast Gold brake pads (and this time I coated the back of the pads and the caliper slides (?) with some stop squeak lube). It was fine for 1 day. The next morning....whirp whirp whirp whirp whirp whirp whirp whirp whirp whirp whirp whirp whirp.

Has anyone else experienced this or know what the culprit is?

thanks,
bone

Old 01-05-2005, 04:58 AM
Location: south western NYS Latitude: 42.34 N, Longitude: 78.46 W
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bro try this please it simple rotate the tires and see if it goes away. Had the same noise in wife's explorer, replaced the front hub bearing noise still there. had tires rotated and its gone???. Let me know if this works for ya.

Quick Reply: "whirp whirp whirp" noise - rotors???