ABS light

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 06:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question ABS light

I have a 1997 F150 4X4 RABS I’ve owned about a year. When I start the truck with my foot on the brake pedal the ABS light will stay off. A few seconds after I let up on the brake pedal the light will come on. I have replaced the switch on the rear top of the axle. I've had other wire type problems with this truck the Mechanic has had to trace down.
Are these trucks known to have a lot of wiring problems? Each time I take it to the shop he says it was a broken wire

Old 01-08-2005, 12:37 AM
i wouldnt say they are know for broken wires, it does happen from time to time though. most times they are caused by a rodent chewing through the wires. or in a place where the wires would have to move alot like in the door hinge area. you would have to get the abs codes pulled so we would have somewhere to start looking.

Old 01-09-2005, 04:00 AM
Don't just throw your money away by throwing parts at it. See what kind of code its throwing and go from there. Have you done anything lately to your truck.

Old 01-11-2005, 03:33 PM
Thumbs up ABS light

All I have done is look at the rear brakes, and there ok. I'll have the mechanic pull the code for this. Thanks..

Old 01-11-2005, 08:10 PM
You can get all the trouble shooting flow charts at autozone.com..... After search for days they are the only site that seems to have all the factory manual information. Quite helpful!!

I recomend high speed connection as the charts take some time to download otherwise. But hey if you had more time than money you wouldn't be doing your own work. Good luck!!

Quick Reply: ABS light