awful brakes

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 02:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
awful brakes

Hey guys, I am in need of some new brake rotors becuase my stock ones have been turned more than once and I still get the vibrations. I am leaning towards something that will improve my stopping power and pedal sensitivity. I never have liked the brakes on my truck since i got them, and couldnt understand why it didnt stop well but havent done anytihng about it but replace the pads when need be. Please give me your suggestions as to what would help me out, rotors, pads or whatever else you have to suggest, I need to do something about it, its irritating me like crazy. Oh I guess you need to know about my truck: 2002 F-150 extended cab 4x4 XLT 4wheel disc, FX4 package.

Old 04-01-2005, 06:42 PM
I'm in the same boat. I had these recommended to me by an acquaintence. I have not tried them yet but the time is drawing near.

4 life brakes

Good luck and let us know how you make out.

Old 04-04-2005, 10:59 AM
I have a 97 F150 (disk front, drums rear) and went through rotors like crazy for the first few months. I tow frequently in the summer and I was getting very upset with the rotors. I changed out to some HD pads and rotors. I went to napa and bought them. Since then, no problems. I would suggest doing the same (your chocie of HD rotors and pads) and save yourself some headaches.

Dave

Old 04-04-2005, 12:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My vote for the most cost effective upgrade is for Brembo replacement rotors (without slots or vents) and ceramic pads. I got the rotors from Tire Rack Inc. and the Bendix pads at a local auto parts store. This made a huge difference on my last (2002) truck.

Quick Reply: awful brakes