Tire reccomendations?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 12:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tire reccomendations?

Hi, new member here. I just bought a 2003, 5.4, 4wd with 10000 miles on it. The original owner swapped out the original tires with Bridgestone Duelers, 265's with an agressive tread pattern. They ride like crap and roar on the interstate which is where I do they majority of my driving. I want to change to more of a highway tire for ride comfort and less noise. I want Michelin LTX's but really don't want to pay close to $800.00 for a set of tires. Can you folks tell me which tires that you have found to be good for what I'm looking for?
Thanks

Old 08-16-2005, 10:49 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Toyo Open Country A/T... Nice, aggressive looking tire, but no road noise. Very nice ride and long lasting. I'm a bit biased as that's what I'm running on my rig...

They cost me $120/tire plus mounting, but I got them on sale. I see them for around $130 or so for a LT265/75/16 around my neck of the woods...

Mitch

Old 08-16-2005, 03:05 PM
I know that a lot of your F-150 owners take off the Goodyear RT tires and replace them for something with more of an agressive tread. I had a set on my old truck which had 79,000 miles on them when I decided to replace them. It's more a road tire...(why most people swap them out) Check around...you may be able to get a set of takeoffs....Also, some tire places will sometimes buy your used tires (prorated on tread) to sell as used replacements if you purchase your tires through them.

Thanks

Steve

Old 08-16-2005, 04:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you are referring to the Goodyear Wrangler RTS, I wouldn't go with them. Just about everyone complains about how bad their wet weather traction is. I believe that is why most owners get rid of them.

Old 08-16-2005, 06:36 PM
agreed. we sell alot of wrangler tires at sears and we constantly have people coming back to see if we can swap them out at no cost since they hated them after low miles. no can do ur stuck with them. i havent owned a set myself but have test drove many trucks at work with them and i cant stand them. any wet pavement and ud be better off with slicks

Old 08-17-2005, 12:26 AM
I took Dragonsm's advice and talked with my tire dealer about trading. I had the original Goodyear Wrangler take offs and the Bridgestone's on the truck. both had 5000 miles on them. He traded even with me including the mounting and balancing. Got a new set of Michelin LTX's and love them, can't believe the difference. Thanks for the advice.

Quick Reply: Tire reccomendations?