ABS kicking in light on

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 02:09 PM
T21
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Well, I finally got my truck in to see what was wrong. As I stated earlier, my ABS was coming in the last few feet of travel when stopping. No light though. I never got aroung to changing the rear sensor. The Stealer pin-pointed it to the sensors in the front hubs. (now if this doesn't sound right, please say so) The quoted me $800+ ! I went ballistic. As it was, the last time in (June) the front breaks were done. Full brake job. Rotors and all. I told the service manager that something had to have been done wrong or they messed something up. I said that if it was his vehicle, he'd think the same thing!!! Well, he said he'd see waht he could do for me. He called back and said that because my wife and I are good customers, Ford will cover the cost of the hubs. So now I'm looking at only ~$300. So I bit my tongue sucked it up. Does the pricing sound about right? I don't know??? I probably still got screwed!!!
Anyhow, my brakes now work fine.

Tom

Old 10-26-2005, 12:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 f150 here. I've just noticed my ABS light com on twice in the last week or so. One time it stayed on during my 40 minute commute then went out after stopping and then restarting again. Did the same the following day. The light is out now. I did check when lit and the ABS wasn't working. It's ok at the moment. Any additional clues on this intermitent problem? Also, does the light have to be on to read the error code or is it still stored in there even when the light is out and all is OK?

ricochet

Quick Reply: ABS kicking in light on