not so free replacement

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 07:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
not so free replacement

When I picked up my BFG KO's from Discount Tire the salesman gave me the "free replacement". Any damage and tire will be replaced free of charge. Well i cut a curb to close and scraped the sidewall. Did not look like it cut deep into the sidewall. Saleman told me it looked fine. But if I was uncomfortable with it, it would be replaced. So I sat on it for 2 days and thought I better get it changed. After it was done the salesman says that will be $22. Then I was informed that it would cost $22 to transfer the warranty to the new tire. So much for free replacement. But then nothing in life is free. At least I paid $22 instead of full price. I thought why get the free replacement but now I am glad I did.

Old 09-13-2005, 02:24 AM
It is free, unless you use it!

Old 09-13-2005, 05:50 PM
Same thing happend to me except my fee was only $10. Not bad for a brand new tire.

Old 09-13-2005, 10:48 PM
Originally Posted by fordman4life
When I picked up my BFG KO's from Discount Tire the salesman gave me the "free replacement". Any damage and tire will be replaced free of charge. Well i cut a curb to close and scraped the sidewall. Did not look like it cut deep into the sidewall. Saleman told me it looked fine. But if I was uncomfortable with it, it would be replaced. So I sat on it for 2 days and thought I better get it changed. After it was done the salesman says that will be $22. Then I was informed that it would cost $22 to transfer the warranty to the new tire. So much for free replacement. But then nothing in life is free. At least I paid $22 instead of full price. I thought why get the free replacement but now I am glad I did.
First of all, any tire seller will charge you to transfer the roadhazard warranty to the new tire...that is normal. My concern, if I were you, would be the fact that rubbing the tire against a curb did enough damage that you "didn't feel comfortable" with the tire. It's an offroad tire and should have held up better than that...just my $.02.

Quick Reply: not so free replacement