question for wandell????

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 11:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
question for wandell????

i know this has been beat to death but i cant find the exact anwser im looking for i know several people have done this but,
ive got an 04 4x4 lariat will there be any issues running the 325/60-18 terra grapplers on the stock 7.5 wheels im gonna be adding a autospring also. i know it will rub at full turn on the lower control arm but the main thing im worried about is the wheel being narrower than the tire is made for. basically all im worried about is the bead breakin loose since wheel isnt as wide as its suppost to be
thanks

Old 02-12-2006, 09:52 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't believe the 325's are gonna rub with the stock wheels. Like you said, the main concern will be the narrow 7.5 inch wheels. You don't have to worry about popping a bead, in fact you have less chance of that than if you had a wide wheel. The concern is tire wear. Usually running a tire on a rim that is too narrow will cause the center portion of the tread to wear slightly faster than the rest, similar to running too much air pressure. My advise would be this. If you plan on buying new wheels in the near future, I'd go ahead and get the 325/60's. If you plan on keeping your OEM wheels, I'd go with the 285/65-18 (33x11.50) BFG AT KO's.

Old 02-12-2006, 02:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for the quick reply i think ill go ahead and get the terra grapplers even thought i am gonna keep the stock wheels just because ive never really cared for those bfg's and im only gonna put another 50,000 miles on my pickup before i get rid of it maybe the nitto's will make it that far

Quick Reply: question for wandell????