Stock Wheel and tire packages on 06

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 06:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stock Wheel and tire packages on 06

My first post..
So, I'm going to be ordering a new FX4 in 2 weeks! I think I've finally worked things out like color (black), interior (leather captains chairs), and options (power sliding rear window and trailer tow). The only thing that I can't decide on are wheels/tires. I haven't yet seen the new 20" OEM wheels, but I'll probably stick with the 18's cause I want it to look like a tough truck and I feel it may lose that riding on 20s'. I guess my main question is, are the Goodyear At/s' any better than the stock Rugged Trails, as in are they worth the extra $275. It could be in the budget fit it with BFG At's, but I'd rather save that money for a tuner and exhaust. I really like the Nittos and Toyo's but I'm not crazy about a 325 on a 7.5" rim.

20" or Stock FX4? Goodyears or Stock BFGs, another brand, or a different mod? What would you do if it was your truck... Thanks for all the great input in this thread and all others.

Old 02-24-2006, 10:43 PM
If it were my truck, I'd go with the FX4 wheels and the cheapest tires available. I'd then proceed to get tires of your choice after the fact, either BFG All-terrains or Nitto TG's. Then again, if it were my truck it wouldn't be black, either...

Old 02-24-2006, 10:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you are gonna keep the OEM wheels and tires, the Wrangle AT/S is a very good all terrian tire. It's just up to you. Personally, it would matter to me because I would be going with an aftermarket wheel/tire combo.

Old 02-24-2006, 11:07 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I agree with the rest of the guys, if you are going to replace the stockers anytime soon go with what comes with the package, but if you plan on keeping them awhile go with the Goodyear ATS. Mine came with the BFG Rugged Trails and they stink for off the pavement and winter type driving. I've run the Goodyear ATS tires for many years now and have had really good luck with them. Just my .02, good luck with your new ride.

Old 02-25-2006, 09:46 AM
And if it were me....

...I'd get the 20"s, rip them off, sell them on eBay for $1500+ and use that money to the wheels of my choice. The spare that comes with the 20" package is an 18" (I believe), so you're already set to replace the 20"s with some aftermarket 18s and Nittos.

Quick Reply: Stock Wheel and tire packages on 06