17" wheel oxidization

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 06:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
17" wheel oxidization

I have a growing problem with my rims. Seems after I got my rims rebalanced (easy work at a shop right?) I've gotten what I thaught was white rust? The first guys I went to had a balance machine on the fritz, I drove home several times and threw weights off all the way home. I left that shop and went to a Goodyear dealer by me to see what they could do. No problem he says. After hammering the chit out of these rims, I counted the # of weights and drove home. I live 2 miles from there and each time I lost at least one for 4 visits. After they'd fly off, I noticed these guys knicked the hell out of the rims.

Now I have this clouding of oxidization around the weights. My question is did they maybe put on the wrong weight as far as material? Someone told me that the weights I have look to be for steel rims, but my thing is they have stayed on. Or has salt and water protruded through these breaks in the clear to oxidize them. Anybody have this? And if so, how much does it cost or work involved to redo the rims? I like the wheels alot and don't really want to replace them yet.

Old 03-11-2006, 04:48 PM
My rims did the same thing....

Then They replaced the weights with these ones...

Dunno what they are made with but they are not suppose to do that to the rim

Old 03-11-2006, 07:06 PM
Ya mine are exactly like that, but larger spots. I tell ya, those **** gobblers must have beat the crap out of the rims on my truck and gouged them, because the only good wheel is the one with no outer weights. Go figure! My weights look like a darker grey and that's why I ask if the weight material may have something to do with this.

Quick Reply: 17" wheel oxidization