Calliper question... and rear disc too...

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 02:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Calliper question... and rear disc too...

Ok, prolly comes down to 1 of those more $$ than sence type deals BUT! Dose willwood or sumbody make a better than stock set of pinchers?? ...like a 4 piston calliper or what not, or do ya need to do sum kind of mount etc etc??

I ask cause if I'm get'n new pads and sum cool slotted rotors anyhow... it would be a good time to do the callipers too... if it dosn'e cost a mint to make the upgrade that is.

OK!! Last bothersum anoience, in question form from me at-least! I know the Expo's had rear discs back in 97. Wouldn't it be the EASIEST and not too much more $$ to just swap an entire rear end in to my F150 OR is there a "BOLT-ON" sum-what easy kit to up-grade the rears to disc?? If so, is it worth it or even an improvment over the drums??

I assume the spring perches etc are already where they'd need to be and all lines ran etc etc etc, just ...what maybe a new praportioning valve???

Ok, well, THX in advance for the feedback or better yet HELP!!

-slick-

Old 03-22-2006, 09:23 PM

nobody knows ...or wants to say???

C-mon... I'd appreciate it! PLEASE

-slick-

Old 03-22-2006, 11:07 PM
You could try Willwood or Baer.... either way $$$$$

Old 03-23-2006, 01:21 AM
I've seen a couple but Brembo come to mind, of course lots of $$$$$. SSBC, Baer and a couple others have kits. Alot do Lightning or Harley trucks, therefore compatible with 2wd's I would think.

Old 03-23-2006, 07:29 PM

ok gang, fer those interested...

Baer indeed HAS a bolt on KIT that takes ya up to a 14" rotor and 6 piston calopers that is 100% bolt on...

ONLY catch is, ya need to bump up to an 18" rim AND drop the $2500 for the PARTS...

Last bit of info I'll scavange off ya'all tonight! What are yer recomondations for my brake job? I am think'n of some slotted rotors and carbon pads... Would ya suggest new/flushed fluid? As far as I know it's still stock from 97...??? AND do I need to do anything with the rears if the shop sees nothing wrong w/them???

THX and have a good night... Yer HELP is appreciated!!!

-slick-

Quick Reply: Calliper question... and rear disc too...