Left Front Brake Dust

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 01:36 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Left Front Brake Dust

Here suddenly, probably the past 1,000+ miles or so, my left front wheel is EXTREMELY darker than the other front wheel from the excessive brake dust. Any ideas???

Old 04-27-2006, 02:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brake dust, to my understanding, has always been an issue on the 04 & newer it certainly is on mine. I work for a hot rod parts company and we sell SSBC brand brake kits for various vehicles and talking to our rep, he says that Ford uses low quality pads on these trucks. As for your year I'm not sure what was used or if you did a recent brake job and was given an inferior pad. Certain pads will give you more dust than others... usually the cheaper ones and some racing style ones as well.

Hope some of this helped.

Old 04-27-2006, 08:21 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Sorry, that didn't help at all...but I realize I didn't give enough info. My truck is an '02 with the original brakes on it. Nothing has been changed, especially here rescently when the problem started. As mentioned, this is a NEW condition for my truck. 2002 with 55,000 miles and this has just started. Yes, the brakes look great.

(just noticed my signature didn't show up in the first post)

Old 04-28-2006, 04:12 AM
Location: south western NYS Latitude: 42.34 N, Longitude: 78.46 W
Originally Posted by Galaxy
Sorry, that didn't help at all...but I realize I didn't give enough info. My truck is an '02 with the original brakes on it. Nothing has been changed, especially here rescently when the problem started. As mentioned, this is a NEW condition for my truck. 2002 with 55,000 miles and this has just started. Yes, the brakes look great.

(just noticed my signature didn't show up in the first post)

If you got 55,000 out of a set of oem pads and rotors then my friend you are very blessed. I think its time to change out the pads and grease the slides and maybe have the rotors turned if possible. You may have a caliper working improperly and a bit of maint will go far to remedy your current situation...

Old 05-02-2006, 12:02 AM
Suspended
How is the pressure in your tires?

Quick Reply: Left Front Brake Dust