Front cross drilled rotor issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 08:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Front cross drilled rotor issue

I've had cross drilled rotors and 911 Extreme Performance pads on my '01 f150 s'cab for almost 20k miles and am now having issues with the front not grabbing at all. They were working well but it seemed they kept taking longer to warm up so that they would stop good. A buddy of mine suggested I try sanding the rotors and pads to see if I can get them to grab, so I might try that. Any other ideas? I'm thinking of pitching the 911 pads and going back to a quality stock pad with the cross drilled rotors.

Old 04-28-2006, 06:11 PM
turn the rotors and sand the pads that will do the trick.

Old 04-28-2006, 08:54 PM
Turn the rotors, they are probably glazed from overheating and this will greatly reduce your braking capacity. However, it has been my experience and the experience of the very select few people I would ever let work on my Nav that sanding the pads will lead to warped rotors shortly. Even if you sand them to what looks visibly perfect, they won't be exact. This will lead you to for a short time wear unevenly, which causes the slight rotor warpage. (and also reduced brake capacity) If you're gonna turn them, and they have 20K on them anyway, I'd suggest getting yourself a set of EBC greenstuff pads. They are slightly expensive, but they grab like 50 grit sandpaper. You won't be disappointed, especially when pairing them with the crossdrilled rotors

Quick Reply: Front cross drilled rotor issue