Factory Brake Pads = Way Too Much Dust, Any Ideas ???

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 04:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Factory Brake Pads = Way Too Much Dust, Any Ideas ???

Hey,

Have just over 400 miles on the new 2006 F-150 Supercrew, and I am amazed at how much brake-dust the front brakes pump out. I mean, With just driving normally, the front wheels are covered in no-time. Seems to be a issue becasue now that I have been looking for it, I see allot of newer F-150's and Expy's with solid black front wheels.

Anyone else have this issue ? Can anyone reccomend a quality aftermarket pad that will cut down on the brake dust ? Maybe something organic/ceramic ?? cant deal with these stock pads for much longer...

As usuall , all help is appreciated....

Old 06-02-2006, 04:04 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Install a set of ceramic pads. I have a set of Bendix on my Screw. It made a huge difference, and I wash my truck/wheels weekly.

Old 06-02-2006, 04:38 PM
Also having same issue with new ride. Could someone please expand and what pad to buy, where to find them cheap and how they are to intall. Thanks in advance

Old 06-02-2006, 11:26 PM
I have a new King Ranch 4x4 and posted earlier in the week that I went Hawk HPS pads to try and cut down on the dust problem. I am going into not expecting the dust to be gone, but I have read in numberous posts that these pads will help with the dust. I got the pads at autoanything.com and used a coupon code truckin, that saved me 10% off my entire order. I decided to put new rotors on the front while I was doing and went with cryogenically frozen rotors from powerslot so I dont have the pads or rotors yet, but if you wait a week or so I will post a followup letting you know what I think of the combination. Hope this helps you guys out.

Old 06-03-2006, 01:01 AM
I just have Carquest (Raybestos) pads, awesome, and hardly any dust at all, even 4 weeks later. Give yours time, all vehicles do this, just be sure to clean them well about once a week. One that seems bad is the Escapes, everyone has excessive brake dust. Wait a while and see.

Old 06-03-2006, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by MBMILLER25
I have a new King Ranch 4x4 and posted earlier in the week that I went Hawk HPS pads to try and cut down on the dust problem. I am going into not expecting the dust to be gone, but I have read in numberous posts that these pads will help with the dust. I got the pads at autoanything.com and used a coupon code truckin, that saved me 10% off my entire order. I decided to put new rotors on the front while I was doing and went with cryogenically frozen rotors from powerslot so I dont have the pads or rotors yet, but if you wait a week or so I will post a followup letting you know what I think of the combination. Hope this helps you guys out.
Thanks....please post back on the Hawk pads...thaughts.

Old 06-03-2006, 03:36 PM
Suspended
fyi HAWK pads are notorious for terrible dust

Old 06-04-2006, 09:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ceramics...

i put them on my 350 dump 3 yrs ago

you'll love 'em

...zap!

Old 06-04-2006, 11:48 PM
06 SCrew

Had an 01 screw, no brake dust problem.
Bought an 06 SCrew, brake dust like crazy.
I intend to tell ford, I want a differen set of pads, when it goes in for it's first oil change

Old 06-05-2006, 02:37 PM
I can't see how Ford expects people to pay $40,000+ for a truck and have the front wheels turn black after a day of regular driving. I have 800 miles on my new S-Crew and no change, actually I think the dust issues is getting worse.

So, whats the best deal for anti-brake dust pads for my truck ?
Ceramic ? Where should I get them ? Anyone wanna link me up ??

Old 06-07-2006, 01:41 AM
My 05 front rims turn black every week. I have 13k on mine, and I think the rotors are warped.

It seems like there is a hundred times more dust on the fronts compared to the back.

I can see why people complain.

Regards!

Old 06-07-2006, 09:06 AM
I ordered a set of ceramic front pads for my S.Crew early this week, and should have them on the truck over the weekend. I remember back in the day I had to switch from stock to ceramic pads on a Harly I owned, and the difference in brake dust (or lack of) was amazing..

I am guessing this swap should yield the same results..

Old 06-07-2006, 09:38 AM
Just put a set on F & B on my 05 f-150 in addtion to a 2/4 drop and 24's so let's hope it helps.

I have heard before that the ceramics were the best for not having brake dust and increased stopping ability.

I got my set at Advance auto parts for around $95 for both F & R. Think the name was friction master or something like it. Pretty much go in and ask for ceramic pads for your truck and they'll get you the right set.

Old 06-07-2006, 10:35 AM
I put a set of EBC 6000 Green Stuff pads for this very reason. 1st week the dust was terrible, but it did have a break in solution sprayed on the pads so i assume it was designed to do this. Ever since that I've been very happy with the dust and stopping power. might want to give them a look.

Old 06-07-2006, 10:42 AM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
I put on a set of Wagner Thermo Quiet. They are semi metallic like the factory pads, just much better quality. Have had no problems. The dust from the factory pads had to be cleaned almost daily.

Quick Reply: Factory Brake Pads = Way Too Much Dust, Any Ideas ???