Help with narrowing down the ABS light...

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 02:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with narrowing down the ABS light...

I've had the ABS light on for quite some time now. Started out as a once-a-day light, but now it's all the time. Code is 1095 - Hydraulic pump circuit failure. I checked both the under-dash fuse and the maxi-fuse under the hood. Both are fine. I got a diagram of the big-*** multi-pin connector going to the ABS module. The outer most slots both have full battery power, and the next two have excellent grounds. (mitchell on demand calls for at least 10v and less than 5 ohms... I had 12.5v and .7 ohms). I unplugged the two wire connector going from the module to the abs motor and jumped it. The motor ran fine. I gave it several 3-4 second runs (only had a 30 amp fuse in my jumper wires. 20 amp blew at about 3-4 seconds). What's left for me to check? The motor is good, I have power too the module... The only thing I see left is the module itself, but I know that'll be pricey. I'm going to price one now just for the hell of it. Any more ideas????

Oh, and I unplugged the battery for 10 minutes after everything I did and the light comes back on every time. I read somewhere on here that the ABS light will NOT reset until it sees the problem has been fixed. I drove it around for a while with several stops and it's still on

Old 07-10-2006, 03:40 PM
Ouch... $324 for the ABS control module. What are the chances of me pulling this thing apart to find some blown component?

Old 07-17-2006, 03:24 PM
one last try?

Old 07-17-2006, 10:39 PM
Does it ever go off?

Mine comes on every once in a while after the undercarriage has gotten wet. Usually after it rains or after I wash it and it stays on until it's completly dried out.

- Chris

Old 07-18-2006, 12:17 AM
Yep, it's on all the time now. A month ago it would come on only after the truck had sat overnight, stay on until the ignition was turned off, and it'd stay off for the rest of the day. I could pull out of the driveway, turn the key off and back on, and the light would go off

Quick Reply: Help with narrowing down the ABS light...