Dueler Revos vs Wrangler SilentArmor?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 03:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Dueler Revos vs Wrangler SilentArmor?

I'm trying to decide between the Bridgestone Dueler Revos and the Goodyear Wrangler SilentArmor. So far my conclusions are:
pro Duelers: some people have problems balancing the Wranglers; Dueler has center ridge which makes good highway sense to me
pro Wrangler SA: slighly more agressive tread; perhaps tougher rubber as even Bridgestone boasts "softer" rubber as tire wears.

But, what about gas milage? I see some reports that Wranglers SA give 1-2mpg less and others say no difference to some other tires. Anybody have direct comparsion for these two?

Old 07-17-2006, 12:21 AM
Technical Article Contributor

I was wanting the Goodyear wrangler silent armor tires but they were about $300 more than the Revos so I ended up getting the Revos. Im still on my first tank of gas with the new tires so I do not know what MPG difference I will get compared to my old Wrangler AT tires that had 57000 miles on them.

Old 07-17-2006, 09:58 AM
I would go for the REVO. The SAs are good tires, but they are quite pricey as was already mentioned.

The REVOs will last a long time, and they are good in many different types of conditions.

Old 07-17-2006, 04:52 PM
I have 60,000+ on my LT 285/16 Revos and they could probably go another 30,000 miles. Great rubber left. They have been the best truck tire I've ever had. They stick pretty good on a wet road. No more spinning the tires trying to pull into traffic when the roads are wet. They don't hydroplane nearly as much as other tires. They're good in snow, They suck on ice which most do. They are quiet compared to all the other ATs/MTs I've owned. The LTs also have more tread than the Ps.

Old 07-17-2006, 10:17 PM
Technical Article Contributor

I went ahead and filled up with gas today since I had to get gas for my mowers.

The first 160 miles on the new P265/70 R17 Revos was 160 miles on 11 gallons so it came out to 14.5 MPG. Thats the same as I was getting on my Goodyear wrangler ATs with 57000 miles on them.

Old 07-17-2006, 10:28 PM
MMW
I looked everywhere for the SAs in the 18 inch size...tehy were a couple of months out everywhere, so I went with the Revos. I've put about 700 miles on tehm in 4 days, so far so good. Not loud and mileage seems pretty consitent.

Old 07-17-2006, 11:10 PM
Good inputs, thanks guys. I'm now favoring the Revos since I discovered that the Revos are 40 pounds and the SAs are 45 pounds, hum a big difference. This could be part of the reported loss in mpg by some people....accelerating and decelerating that extra mass.
Any longer term info still appreciated.

Old 07-18-2006, 04:10 PM
Revo's have my vote.

On my third set on my work truck.
keep them well rotated and they will last.

Old 07-18-2006, 11:27 PM
I Like the Revos!

2003 FX4, I just hit 57,000 with them! They have about 5,000 to 10,000 left. I traded in the rts's the day I purchased the truck. They have been great tires! The thing I've noticed the most is that even though they are almost done, they still don't squeal while taking a corner. I have the passenger version of these tires (265/70/17)113S. They have worn very even with only 2 rotations. Will be getting new ones soon !!!!!

Old 07-19-2006, 01:12 AM
I am trying to get a comparison between the revo's and the factory wrangler's that are on my 2005 lariat supercrew 4x4. I've heard the revo's are great, but are there any area's that the wrangler are better. My main concerns are noise/wet handling/comfort I do much more on road travel, but I don't want to give up the ability to go offroad in the mud if I need too. These wranglers have seemed impossible to get stuck the couple times i have tried them in the mud, but they seem pretty loud to me on the road. i have the 18's by the way.

Old 07-19-2006, 08:07 AM
Originally Posted by nv40
I am trying to get a comparison between the revo's and the factory wrangler's that are on my 2005 lariat supercrew 4x4. I've heard the revo's are great, but are there any area's that the wrangler are better. My main concerns are noise/wet handling/comfort I do much more on road travel, but I don't want to give up the ability to go offroad in the mud if I need too. These wranglers have seemed impossible to get stuck the couple times i have tried them in the mud, but they seem pretty loud to me on the road. i have the 18's by the way.
In that scenario, I'd take the Revo's every time. I had a set on my 2002 SCrew and now have the 18" Wrangler AT/S on my 2005 SCab. The Revo's had excellent traction in every condition I encountered. They pretty much stayed glued to the road no matter what, even in snow. The Wranglers have worked well also, but had their issues in snow. It wasn't real bad, but there was enough slipping that I thought I was going to slide through a turn doing 10 mph in my neighborhood. There's also a difference because the Revo's were P-rated and the Wranglers are LT, so the overall ride is completely different. All I know is the next set of tires will either be Revo's or BFG T/A KO's. I've never been a big fan of Goodyear, especially not after dealing with the RT/S crap that came on the '02.

Old 07-19-2006, 08:33 AM
I agree with Fishx65 about the tire squeel. My Revos don't squeel at all when cornering and that's with over 60,000 miles. Other tires I had in the past started squeeling early. I was a diehard Goodyear man for many many years. But the last set of Goodyear truck tires I had were terrible and so were the last pair of car tires. I think Goodyear has gone downhill and is relying on their name. I wish NASCAR would open up the tire market to everyone. I think if there was competition we'd be getting a better tire.

Old 07-19-2006, 09:43 AM
I bought a set of Revo's for my 98 F-150 back in October. I had heard about the Goodyear Silent Armor's prior to buying the Revos. I knew a couple of people who had Revos on their trucks. One on a 97 F-150 4X4 and another was on a Super Duty crewcab. It was ther opinions that steered me to buy the Revos. They have great wet traction, no noticable road noice on the highway and no noticable change in gas mileage. I had General Grabbers prior to the Revos as well as I stayed with the same size tire. The tire wear seems to be good for an all terrain tire. The only downsides would be they do throw rocks being an aggressive tread and also you get some road noise on rough roads.

Old 07-19-2006, 05:05 PM
Go with the Revo's, you won't regret it.

Old 07-19-2006, 05:49 PM
my revo`s are great,for all of the reasons mentioned above....there better than my BFG`s i had,all around....

Quick Reply: Dueler Revos vs Wrangler SilentArmor?