Vibration service bulletin

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 02:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vibration service bulletin

I found two SB's on tire vibration.Can anyone tell what they say.SB 05624 vibration and run out.....18891 vibration after sitting...There seems to be a lot of folks having tire problems on this forum including me.Maybe these bulletins would give us some ammo when going to the stealer

Last edited by memLT-1; 07-21-2006 at 02:03 AM.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by memLT-1
I found two SB's on tire vibration.Can anyone tell what they say.SB 05624 vibration and run out.....18891 vibration after sitting...There seems to be a lot of folks having tire problems on this forum including me.Maybe these bulletins would give us some ammo when going to the stealer

Not usre what your specefic problem is....but I have aa vibration that starts to get worse after 40 mph, and can feel it mostly through the steering wheel. I had the tires re-balanced, and this helped some....but it still seems like too much vibration for a fairly new truck.

Old 07-25-2006, 07:44 PM
Funny you mention this I thought the problem was corrected but when I recently test drove a new Screw I could feel vibe in the steering wheel, I commented on this to the dealer and his explanation was flat spots from sitting, well I drove the truck 30 miles and it never got better or worse. I bought a 2500 HD GMC as I was afraid of what I felt. I am a die hard Ford guy but dont like the Superduty and was not comfortable putting my hard earned dough on a truck with problems, LIFE is TOO Short

Old 07-27-2006, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by Fordfan4life
Funny you mention this I thought the problem was corrected but when I recently test drove a new Screw I could feel vibe in the steering wheel, I commented on this to the dealer and his explanation was flat spots from sitting, well I drove the truck 30 miles and it never got better or worse. I bought a 2500 HD GMC as I was afraid of what I felt. I am a die hard Ford guy but dont like the Superduty and was not comfortable putting my hard earned dough on a truck with problems, LIFE is TOO Short

And you bought a GM product!! Man you did buy something with known problems check out consumer reports web site relating to customer feedback on GM trucks (Chevy or GMC) I was amazed at the "Documented trouble" consumers are having with those trucks.... Not just the "burned out daytime running lights" I see this all the time. The problems relate to X-mission and Engine issues(running hot)... but to each his own. Good Luck! BoB

Old 07-27-2006, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by BlueOval Breath
And you bought a GM product!! Man you did buy something with known problems check out consumer reports web site relating to customer feedback on GM trucks (Chevy or GMC) I was amazed at the "Documented trouble" consumers are having with those trucks.... Not just the "burned out daytime running lights" I see this all the time. The problems relate to X-mission and Engine issues(running hot)... but to each his own. Good Luck! BoB
I agree....I'd still never switch over to the old chebby. That being said though...this vibration crap is getting a little annoying. I've got a 42K dollar truck that should ride like a cadillac on smooth roads when I've got people in here, except I've got to sit there and make excuses why my "new" truck has a vibration in it.

Old 07-28-2006, 01:15 PM
Say what you want but the 6.0 liter GM will roast the 5.4 especially in fuel consumption, and I am capable of changing a light bulb Like I said I have been a Ford man for sometime now but when you test drive a brand new rig and it has vibes in it that is just BS, the GM had no vibes noises nothing and I got a much better deal as the Ford dealer was pretty proud

Old 07-28-2006, 04:23 PM
My experience was with a 06 Silverado crew cab 4x4 5.3l. I rented it for a weekend. We took it the NC outer Banx, You are allowed to drive on the beach in those areas. The truck overheated. The four wheel drive LOw range keep popping out of gear(With a very load POP sound)while under a load... deep sand. I dropped the right front end off in an old turtle nest and had to floor it.. rocking from reverse to drive to get it out(It was spark knocking the hole time and temp. gauge was almost pegged). Then once we thought things could not get any worse... the truck cutoff. Would not start back up. Called GM roadside service. I was told let the truck sit for 45 min to an hour. The GM goodwrench guy said I had tripped the internal engine thermal limiter it will reset after cooling down. I did some online research and the problems I had others are complaining of the same thing(with the 5.3l eng. package) I paid 33400 for my new 06 supercrew lariat 4x4(after rebates) I am satisfied. The rented Chevy truck had 54XX miles on it. The ride did not compare to my supercrew. The sticker price was 38500(As listed on the window sticker in glove box). I do not try to race trucks, so a 6.0 smoking a 5.4 means little. But I think even "Ray Charles" could see that the bigger engine "Should" win. Wouldn't you? I just want it to do what I feel is reasonable. I test drove a Ford supercrew 4X4,Dodge quad cab 4X4, a toyota tundra 4X4 and a new honda ridgeline 4X4... I liked the Honda the best. I did however buy a Ford. I just like the apperance, the ride, and creature comforts. I did do my homework and I am happy with my decision. And by the way I have NO vibration in my new truck. So sorry you experienced a problem with your test drive.

Old 07-28-2006, 07:04 PM
Originally Posted by Fordfan4life
Say what you want but the 6.0 liter GM will roast the 5.4 especially in fuel consumption, and I am capable of changing a light bulb Like I said I have been a Ford man for sometime now but when you test drive a brand new rig and it has vibes in it that is just BS, the GM had no vibes noises nothing and I got a much better deal as the Ford dealer was pretty proud

I did not mean for my comments to start a ford vs chevy war. I agree with you, for the price I don't want my truck having any kind of vibration. However, I also agree with the other guy.....and from first hand experience, when it comes to doing the work...the ford wins. My buddy has an 05 chevy with the same problems, 4x4 whines and pops out since day one. They told him the noise was normal, until he got in my truck and thought my 4x4 wasn't working becase he couldn 't hear it engage at 10 mph. I explained to him that most of the time you shoulnd't, and you definately should not hear the whine his has. He also had overheating problems, and not just while using the truck. I'm in Louisiana (which the heat has been pretty rough lately), but he was having problems just idling out at a boat dock for a little while......and I don't care where you live, that shouldn't be a problem. I also looked at a dodge...which definately wins on power (hemi) and the truck looks good too. Ride was so so, and I'm not fond of the interior, but not a bad truck. I think for the best across the board scoring for ride, power, towing, looks, and interior....the ford is ahead of the pack. I honestly would take a closer look at chevy, if it wasn't for the dang interior....I HATE IT. I can't stand the dash layout on them, just not useable at all, especially for a passenger.

Last edited by nv40; 07-28-2006 at 07:10 PM.
Old 08-01-2006, 04:19 AM
Whats up with the information on the viberations

So, anyway whats up with the information on the viberations? Where did you get it and is anyone doing anything about it. I have a 2004 F150 screwcab on 37 with 8 inches of lift on 20 inch wheels and the truck has a bad viberation or wheel hop. I have tried everything and have had the truck looked at by every 4x4 shop in my area and so far everyone just tells me they cannot figure it out. The only thing I have not done is buy a set of new 20's (different brand) other than that the drive shaft has been checked, changed out my tires twice with Toyo's and went to nittos extremes and I had problems with the finish omn my first set of mazzi hulks and the company sent me a new set. But, at this time, nothing I still have this wheel hop which seems to be coming from the rear. The truck is at 4wheel parts, I hope they can tell me something. I would even buy a different brand of wheels if it fixed the problem. But, oh well. I like my Ford, but I have other things to stress out about so, I to will be changing to something else if my truck cannot get fixed. I rather drive a jeep all decked out than a $42,000 truck that viberates.

Old 08-01-2006, 08:40 AM
I do not think your problem is the same as the original post. Wheel hop is not a vibration. I do however hope you figure it out. Sounds as if you have a Nicely equipped truck but who wants to "HOP" down the road. BoB

Old 08-01-2006, 12:51 PM
General Motors suck...end of story...experience rules this forum and that's enough documentation for me..._motes

Old 09-06-2006, 10:58 PM
I have a 06 screw and I get a hop from 35 mph- 90mph on the stock 20" wheels

Old 09-06-2006, 11:08 PM
with my factory 18s and tires the ride is smooth as can be. when i got my 20s now it shakes but only after being parked overnight. im assuming its the flatspotting of the generals. also keep in mind these trucks are very sensitive to road force. it doesnt matter if the tire is perfectly balanced or not if the road force value is over 25lbs(i think thats what it is)your going to feel it.

Old 09-07-2006, 12:11 AM
Funny thing I had vibrations at the steering from the test drive on the lot. It didn't go away until I got my spacer kit with stock tires/rims. Then when I put on my aftermarket rims/tires the vibrations started back up.

Old 09-07-2006, 12:29 AM
I pick up my truck tomorrow morning, after service for this very problem. Its an '06 scab 2wd. Ive had the truck for less than 2 weeks, and this is the seccond time it has been in.. The first time, I was told that Ford makes them road force the tires, and put 500 miles on them to see if it helps. I put 700 on them over the weekend, and it got worse.. so BACK to the dealer it went...

I have been told that they replaced all 4 tires due to them being out-of-round. We'll see what happens..

They tried to tell me that a little vibration is normal... untill I told them that this was the 2ND (!!!) F150 that we bought from them... so I know how they are supposed to drive (My wife and I both have '06's)

Quick Reply: Vibration service bulletin