good rotors and pads for 01 f150 on 35s?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 09:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good rotors and pads for 01 f150 on 35s?

Got to get new rotors and pads for my front, just wondering good rotors/pads for me? Or should I just buy generic stuff from Autozone?

Old 07-31-2006, 11:17 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd be a bit wary of simply buying the "regular stuff" from any parts store. Your bigger wheels and tires translate into extra work for your braking system. Most parts stores offer at least two levels of rotors. One is purely a "price" part and looks great in the box. Trouble is, the material is generally junk and they warp in no time. If anything, I'd consider upgrading a bit. See if they have the higher quality stuff - which most of them do. I think you'll find it well worth it in the long run. Same goes for pads. When you buy a cheap pad, generally speaking, all you get is a cheap pad.

Old 07-31-2006, 01:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for specific stuff? like should I go slotted/drilled rotors? Maybe raybestos pads?

Old 07-31-2006, 01:49 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You can go with drilled / slotted rotors and it will probably stop somewhat better, but most folks find that pad life drops pretty seriously. I've had VERY good luck with the Brembo stock replacement rotors and good pads. I'm currently running Porterfields, but have only had them in for about 8,000 miles - which is too early to tell how well they'll wear. Stopping is slightly better though and dust is way down. I've heard (and had) all sorts of problems with "cheap" pads. With the better (generally more expensive) pads, I've had much better luck. For instance, the Porterfields cost me right around a hundred bucks for the front set.

Quick Reply: good rotors and pads for 01 f150 on 35s?