ABS Motor Issue - 2000 Expy

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 03:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ABS Motor Issue - 2000 Expy

Well, we parked this thing for about three days only to come back and find that it the battery had been drained. After I jumped started the vehicle and drove it home, I noticed that the ABS motor was still running. Now, I have a constant ABS light as well.

Has anyone run into this problem. I intend to schedule a trip to the service department, but would like to get some insight before I head in there. The vehicle is an Eddie Bauer edition (if it matters) with 4WABS.

Any insight would be GREATLY appreciated

Old 08-08-2006, 10:41 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It's likely either the ABS control module causing the pump to run, or the ABS motor has shorted to run all the time. In either case, you'll probably want to replace both of them at the same time as one being bad can cause the other to fail. They are available separately, and if one causes the other to fail, it'll end up costing twice as much, so you're generally better off replacing them both at the same time (if in fact, that's the problem).

The stealership can connect it to the computer and view the inputs and outputs for the ABS system to determine why it's running. Should you need both the valve and controller, it's around $1100 for the parts, last I checked. You should be able to find one from a salvage yard for significantly less though. www.car-part.com is my choice.

-Joe

Old 08-09-2006, 11:13 AM
Joe,
That's about what I thought. I appreciate the time and advice my friend.

Old 08-09-2006, 11:01 PM
Joe, again thanks man! Went out to car-part.com and found the control module and pump at a yard near by. Put it on and BAM!!!!!!!!!!! The wife is back on the road.

Old 08-10-2006, 01:42 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Happy to help!

Quick Reply: ABS Motor Issue - 2000 Expy