new brake ideas...

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 02:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new brake ideas...

Noticed several posts re front rotors warping and associated pedal shimmy. I have a 04 FX4 and had to have the rotors turned at 2,500 miles and replaced at 10,000 miles... and I am still unhappy.

Someone posted that the dealer replaced their brakes with the new 06 version... my question is should I opt for the new Ford brakes or go aftermarket with Brembo / Stillen? I really don't want to dump $3K into new brake system but I am leary of putting OEM parts back on truck unless I have some confidence that the 06 version is an improvement.

Any ideas or comments would be helpful... I need to replace brakes SOON... getting down to the danger zone on my pads. https://www.f150online.com/forums/im...s/confused.gif

Old 09-09-2006, 04:24 PM
IMHO putting the same old parts on will give you the same results.

Aftermarket replacement parts may be helpful and far less expensive. You may want to start there.

I run Brembo plain rotors ($70 each) with Hawk HPS pads ($70/set).
Search these forums, lots of guys have run different aftermarket setups in the stock/replacement size, with good results.

Old 09-12-2006, 09:05 PM
Exclamation

You'll need 18" or larger rims to fit Brembo/Stillen. Oh yes, and the 3K+ you mentioned.

Quick Reply: new brake ideas...