E-Brake light in dash staying on

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 01:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question E-Brake light in dash staying on

My E-Brake dash light stays on when I take off the brake. I noticed that the foot peddle that applies the brake doesnt come all the way up to actrivate the switch that turn off the light in the dash.
How hard is it to replace this spring?

Old 09-12-2006, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by Arkas
My E-Brake dash light stays on when I take off the brake. I noticed that the foot peddle that applies the brake doesnt come all the way up to actrivate the switch that turn off the light in the dash.
I don't believe it's that hard but it's an exercise in agility for me.

Old 09-13-2006, 12:49 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
There is no spring that pulls it back up, it's done by the cable assembly. It can be adjusted, although I don't have the procedure handy.
-Joe

edit: FYI, the brake light can also come on if the brake fluid level in the reservoir has dropped below the low mark. Might want to pop the hood and double check it.

Old 09-13-2006, 02:13 PM
Originally Posted by Arkas
You probably have to service the e-brakes because it sounds like they are sticking. For the mean time, just whack with a screwdriver and hammer the tab that the spring attaches to towards the rear obviously. I got tired of screwing around with them so I disassembled the whole thing, wire wheeled any important areas like the pivoting mechanism that the cable hooks onto and antisiezed the b'Jesus out of it. Also bought a hardware kit with new springs and pins etc. They are a pain in the ****. No need to replace the outer (visible) cable spring, that should be fine.

Old 09-18-2006, 12:39 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mine does the same thing, but the brake disengages all the way, so i just pull it up with my foot when i turn the brake off so the light doesnt anoy me. too lazy to deal with it.

Quick Reply: E-Brake light in dash staying on