Getting rid of the OEM tire

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 12:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getting rid of the OEM tire

Hi everyone
I just purchased a new 2006 F150 XLT Supercab and it came with some real low end tires and wheels. The tires are a P235/70/17 and the wheels are just a basic rim with a chrome clad cover. So...here is what I am thinking, I don't want to put any lift kit on but I want a bigger tire and a nice looking rim to go with it. I went to look at the Cooper Discoverer ATR in the LT265/70/17 size and it looks like it would meet my needs which is mostly highway driving with an occasional trip down some dirt/gravel roads, I also want to be able to tow a travel trailer a couple times a year. I want the best looking fit so would going even bigger to a LT275/70/17 pose any kind of problem? I'm also wondering if putting a 2" leveling spacer on the front would make it ride nose up if I was towing anything.

Oh...the rims I was considering are made by American Eagle and come in 17/8. How would I know if they meet the OEM requirements for the vehicle.

Thanks

Old 09-18-2006, 12:26 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
I just put a set of 265/70/17 Michelin LXT M/S on my 05 Screw with the XLT aluminum wheels. I can not believe how much better it handles. My truck is dropped 2" in the rear.

Quick Reply: Getting rid of the OEM tire