Help with brake parts?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 08:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with brake parts?

I need to do front brakes bad (they are starting to grind) and of course I'm looking for the most economical way but not crap. Does any body recommend the Autozone DURALAST Brake Rotor ($27.99) each and the DURALAST-GOLD Brake Pads ($28.99)? What are some other options? NAPA? My truck is a 98 SC 4X4 so it is fairly heavy. All help is welcomed I need to make a decision before the weekend. Thanks Mark

Old 09-21-2006, 10:30 PM
innerauto got some nice brake pads price ranges from $26 - $70 depending on your brand of choice.

Old 09-22-2006, 07:31 AM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had Autozone cheap rotos on my 99 4x4 and they warped in 8k miles. THe cheapest rotors I recommend are the Brembo OEM replacementS. I can't say I've read one bad thing about them. If you don't want to wait for shipping, I have been very happy with two sets (different trucks) of Napa United rotors (the mid-level for about $55ea). I used Napa's Ceramix, but I've read good things about Reabestos Quiet Stop ceramic pads that are right around $50/set. I highly recommend ceramic pads and better rotors.

Old 09-22-2006, 08:22 AM
Originally Posted by Blue 4X4
I need to do front brakes bad (they are starting to grind) and of course I'm looking for the most economical way but not crap. Does any body recommend the Autozone DURALAST Brake Rotor ($27.99) each and the DURALAST-GOLD Brake Pads ($28.99)? What are some other options? NAPA? My truck is a 98 SC 4X4 so it is fairly heavy. All help is welcomed I need to make a decision before the weekend. Thanks Mark
I just put the Duralast Gold on my truck last night. They work great. I have had a set on my Previous trucks and I never had a problem with them. My Lightning was a different story (BAER). Duralasts work well for my driving style. With a lifetime warranty you can go and get them replaced in 50k miles.

Quick Reply: Help with brake parts?