Throwing weights

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 02:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Throwing weights

For some reason, I keep throwing my left rear tire weight. When it is on, I feel a vibration that drives me crazy. The truck doesn't pull or anything and I have had my tires balanced. I have no Idea whats going on. The Ford dealer told me that when they were put on, the road force was out on one of them. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? Thank you for any help you can give me.

Old 10-18-2006, 04:02 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What kind of weight are they using? Stick on or clamp on?

Old 10-18-2006, 05:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Theyr'e using clamp

Old 10-18-2006, 05:48 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds like it's an error on the part of the installer. However, it's strange only one wheel is throwing weights.

Old 10-18-2006, 05:54 PM
Global Moderator &
Administrator
Contributor
Super Moderator
Received 136 Likes on 113 Posts
They should be able to road force ballance the tire. Basically what happens is your rim and tires both have a minimal flat spot in them, and they need to counter ballance this effect by having the minimal flat spots on oposite sides. But they have to break down the tire, and they are probably lazy.

Also you might try putting a different tire on that rim, like one from a different rim, see if that helps any.

But it would be best to have the tires balanced and the road force compenstated for.

B.c balancing levels out L-R play in the tire/rim and you have an up and down variation.... IF that makes sense

they also could be using the wrong weight, there are about 10 different clamp sizes, and paterns.
-Patrick

Quick Reply: Throwing weights