I want Helo Maxx 6's on my 04 F150!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 12:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 05supercrew
Teflon coated wheels. Ive never had any problems with painted wheels in the past.
So I should stay away from teflon coated wheels?? I like the Helos, my concern was about the small amount of chrome on the center cap and lip. Do you have any problems with these areas?? Do your wheels see alot of road salt in the winter??

Old 01-03-2007, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by josho66
So I should stay away from teflon coated wheels?? I like the Helos, my concern was about the small amount of chrome on the center cap and lip. Do you have any problems with these areas?? Do your wheels see alot of road salt in the winter??
Teflon is good, I have a friend that has it on his jeep and they are probably the best wheels for off roading then cleaning. They hold up to all the sand and salt. Ive only had my wheels 1-1/2 months so I dont know how it will hold up (center cap). The out side lip isnt chrome, its brushed aluminum. The whole wheel cleans up very easy. If the center cap gets that bad I will just order new ones but I dont see that happening, I clean my truck all the time.

Old 01-03-2007, 05:49 PM
Originally Posted by 05supercrew
Teflon is good, I have a friend that has it on his jeep and they are probably the best wheels for off roading then cleaning. They hold up to all the sand and salt. Ive only had my wheels 1-1/2 months so I dont know how it will hold up (center cap). The out side lip isnt chrome, its brushed aluminum. The whole wheel cleans up very easy. If the center cap gets that bad I will just order new ones but I dont see that happening, I clean my truck all the time.

Sounds good. I just had some other wheels on another vehicle with a chrome lip that I cleaned all the time and they gotten eaten up. I am thinking it was just since they weren't the best wheels. I will have to look into the American Racing teflon wheels too. I saw some more pics of the Helo Maxx6 and the lip looked all painted except the face, don't think that will cause many problems. Like you said the center cap could always be replaced pretty easy too.

Quick Reply: I want Helo Maxx 6's on my 04 F150!