What's the Diff between AS (offset) and other like CNC?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 12:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's the Diff between AS (offset) and other like CNC?

I've been reading a lot of posts of guy's getting the AutoSpring leveling spacer. I've gone to Ebay and looked at them. I also see a couple other out there. Some aluminum some steel powdercoated. One add in particular mentioned to beware of off set design? Wondered if anyone know why or is that a scare tactic to get you to buy? Any one?

Old 10-28-2006, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by rickster1966
I've been reading a lot of posts of guy's getting the AutoSpring leveling spacer. I've gone to Ebay and looked at them. I also see a couple other out there. Some aluminum some steel powdercoated. One add in particular mentioned to beware of off set design? Wondered if anyone know why or is that a scare tactic to get you to buy? Any one?

in my opinion...i would listen to the members of this forum. there have been good things and bad things said about various leveling kits. i myself just picked up the AS 2.5". have not installed it yet, but will shortly. not too worried about the ball joint wearing out as bad with the offest design (got that confidence from reading everyones post here).

also, i will be doing alot of off roading, so if i puncture a tire, i am assuming that the tire replacement would cost just as much as a ball joint replacement if not more, and ball joints should not wear out as fast a tire would...i think

Old 10-29-2006, 12:26 PM
well some of that depends on is a 4x2 or 4x4 if 4x4 the angles drive shaft/cvjoints are at a greater angle so there working harder than stock so they wear out a little quicker as so "claimed" i think it more depends on how u drive your truck u slam on the gas when climing a rock pile of course thats a ton harder on it than normal driving conditions the thing to considure is alot of people are using them now even on top of lift kits and i dont really hear anyone complaining that they had busted parts due do a spacer

i say go for it

Quick Reply: What's the Diff between AS (offset) and other like CNC?