Got My EradiSpeed Front Rotors

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 01:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ABS Light

MeanGene, just installed the Eradispeed +1 for my 2006 F-150 2WD Screw. The brakes look great! Only 1 problem, the ABS light stays on. My mechanic thinks that since the Eradispeed +1 rotor has less teeth on the cog that the ABS unit measures for the ABS system than the stock Ford rotor, that this might be the cause. Did you have an ABS light issue with your Eradispeed +1 rotor installation? If not, is there any way to reset the ABS light?

Old 03-21-2007, 02:17 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by jwp32750
MeanGene, just installed the Eradispeed +1 for my 2006 F-150 2WD Screw. The brakes look great! Only 1 problem, the ABS light stays on. My mechanic thinks that since the Eradispeed +1 rotor has less teeth on the cog that the ABS unit measures for the ABS system than the stock Ford rotor, that this might be the cause. Did you have an ABS light issue with your Eradispeed +1 rotor installation? If not, is there any way to reset the ABS light?
No, I never had that problem.

Old 03-21-2007, 03:35 PM
Also, I really doubt that one has fewer teeth then the other. That would mean that they were different diameters as well which could throw it off.

Old 03-23-2007, 12:50 AM
Spoke w/Baer

Apparently the gap between the ABS sensor and the ring on the hub that the ABS sensor reads for the ABS system to work properly must have a gap no wider than .0050". The gap on my system was .012". Baer recognizes this problem with some of their hubs and are taking care of the problem.

Old 09-05-2007, 11:18 PM
russell ss brake lines

If anyone is interested in the russell ss brake lines for the 2004 and up F150s(not lifted) the model # is 693390. The best price I could find is from a place called Gilbert Chevrolet 1-800-545-0048 (formerly known as Sallee Chevrolet). They charged me $82.21 (shipping was another $11). When you get the box, it'll say for 4WD but it will fit the 2WD models as well.

Old 09-06-2007, 01:24 AM
Originally Posted by jwp32750
Apparently the gap between the ABS sensor and the ring on the hub that the ABS sensor reads for the ABS system to work properly must have a gap no wider than .0050". The gap on my system was .012". Baer recognizes this problem with some of their hubs and are taking care of the problem.
Just a note, after some time I have come to the conclusion that Baer does not make a quality rotor for the Ford F150. I am now on my third set, which I must say, they have replaced under warranty each time a problem was found. I did, however, have to pay for much of the shipping costs, which has run into the hundreds of dollars. The third set is still out of balance and causes the front wheel to shake and has lately developed a shudder when braking at over 65 MPH, can you say warpped and were talking about less then 5,000 easy miles here. The shaking was real bad with the second set which were out of round by .040". The third set is at .015" out of round which Baer engineers say is within specs. This will still cause a shake in the front end of an F150. I really wanted to believe that Baer made good products, and they may for other vehicles, but for the F150, with the specs they provide, I can only conclude that they are nowhere near the degree of quality necessary for our sensitive F150's. I only hope that I can send these back one final time for some type of refund and get Wilwood or something else that works reasonably well. Heck, stock is better than Baer.

Old 09-06-2007, 03:37 PM
Originally Posted by MeanGene
Just a note, after some time I have come to the conclusion that Baer does not make a quality rotor for the Ford F150. I am now on my third set, which I must say, they have replaced under warranty each time a problem was found. I did, however, have to pay for much of the shipping costs, which has run into the hundreds of dollars. The third set is still out of balance and causes the front wheel to shake and has lately developed a shudder when braking at over 65 MPH, can you say warpped and were talking about less then 5,000 easy miles here. The shaking was real bad with the second set which were out of round by .040". The third set is at .015" out of round which Baer engineers say is within specs. This will still cause a shake in the front end of an F150. I really wanted to believe that Baer made good products, and they may for other vehicles, but for the F150, with the specs they provide, I can only conclude that they are nowhere near the degree of quality necessary for our sensitive F150's. I only hope that I can send these back one final time for some type of refund and get Wilwood or something else that works reasonably well. Heck, stock is better than Baer.
Wish I knew this earlier. It was this thread that helped make my decision to purchase the Baer rotors. Well I guess I'll have to see...

Old 09-06-2007, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by tigerballz88
Wish I knew this earlier. It was this thread that helped make my decision to purchase the Baer rotors. Well I guess I'll have to see...
I hope that you don't have any problems, but if you notice a steering wheel nibble problem crop up, as least you will know what is causing it and you won't need to spend $$$ trying to figure it out. If you do happen to wind up with a nibble remember that the Baer tolerances will prevent it from ever working right, meaning a new set will do exactly the same thing. No exchange will provide a solution, you would just have to ask for your money back.

Old 12-14-2007, 03:23 PM
Anyone have any more issues???

Quick Reply: Got My EradiSpeed Front Rotors