Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red Stuff?

Any one out there try the red Stuff pads yet. I tow and I hate dust

Old 11-13-2006, 03:57 AM
are these some new ebc pads??? got the green stuffs love them no brake dust

Old 11-13-2006, 12:14 PM
Yea EBC makes them they are for more severe service. $20.00 more than green stuff. There are so many choices I'm not sure where to begin. Red Stuff is a ceramic compound. I will change rotors too if I have to. Good lookin truck you have there. I see your a marine. I'm a merchant marine. Not as dangerous but just as crazy!!!!

Last edited by oceanic64; 11-13-2006 at 12:22 PM.
Old 11-13-2006, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by oceanic64
Yea EBC makes them they are for more severe service. $20.00 more than green stuff. There are so many choices I'm not sure where to begin. Red Stuff is a ceramic compound. I will change rotors too if I have to. Good lookin truck you have there. I see your a marine. I'm a merchant marine. Not as dangerous but just as crazy!!!!
thanks every type of marine is crazy lol we got to live up to the title right if you do a rotor change go drilled a sloted i dont know what you do with ur truck but soulds like you really do so big braking lot of towing maybe?? Lifted?? yet ive bought all the bell and whisles for the truck little bro got tired of his room being a autoparts warehouse and decend he gonna take on the job

Old 11-14-2006, 01:56 AM
I was reading here that brembo makes the blanks for powerslot. I tow a boat.Lots of hills and I really don't have too much of a problem with the brakes right now I just know they are a recipe for disaster and want to nip it in the bud sooner rather than later. deal with the other stuff as it comes. I am looking at the edge revolution and some exterior upgrades as the $$$ comes in. Have you seen these? http://www.f150store.com/Shop/ViewPr...eIndexID=54826
Any way I think I'll do the rotors and pads at the same time. Alot of debate going on about drilled slotted stuff. I'm leaning towards slots but haven't ruled out drilled either simply cause they look cool but I heard they can rip up pads.

Old 11-14-2006, 05:02 AM
Originally Posted by oceanic64
I was reading here that brembo makes the blanks for powerslot. I tow a boat.Lots of hills and I really don't have too much of a problem with the brakes right now I just know they are a recipe for disaster and want to nip it in the bud sooner rather than later. deal with the other stuff as it comes. I am looking at the edge revolution and some exterior upgrades as the $$$ comes in. Have you seen these? http://www.f150store.com/Shop/ViewPr...eIndexID=54826
Any way I think I'll do the rotors and pads at the same time. Alot of debate going on about drilled slotted stuff. I'm leaning towards slots but haven't ruled out drilled either simply cause they look cool but I heard they can rip up pads.

ever seen any of my pads get riped up cause of drilled or sloted rotors maybe pads that arnt designed for the sloted rotors there pads that are design for them ebc makes great pads and rotor i wont use any thing else any more

i like those highlights too

Old 11-14-2006, 11:30 AM
Yea I wasn't putting too much into what they were saying about drilled because if they were that bad they would not be on the market. I'm shipping out Thurs for a quick run to the islands about 2 weeks then when i come home I'll invest in some upgraded stuff. What rotors are you running?

Trending Topics

Old 11-15-2006, 04:25 AM
ebc cross drilled and sloted cost hundred for the pair love them so easy on pads and dont cut groves like the flat ones wear pretty even unless you warp them but that can happed to any rotors

Old 11-15-2006, 09:44 AM
Thats all I needed to know I'm sold . Hundred bucks a pair is a great price. Thanks so much for your time Duffman please feel free to email me when ever. Be safe over there. Talk to you when I get home

Old 11-15-2006, 03:42 PM
thank you very much ill be sure to do

Quick Reply: Red Stuff?