Tire Disaster

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 12:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tire Disaster

So I bought a brand new set of Pirelli Scorpoin ATRs off Tirerack.com for a good price. I received all 4 tires and went to a local installer. Installation went fine and I was on my way. 2 Days later, during a drive home my tire deflated and as I pulled over onto the side of the road the sidewall was chewed up by the wheel. Further inspection showed that the VALVE STEM MALFUNCTIONED, and had actually become soft and burst towards the base. I went back to the installer and asked for them to buy me a new tire, and their response was that they did NOT replace the valve stems and that they typically do NOT replace them. Which is beyond me, because I know people who work at tire installation centers and they always replace the valve stems. So based on the fact that they did not install the stems, they are not liable for the price of the tire and they told me I was sh*t outta luck. On my way home from finding this beautiful information out, my truck broke down on the highway and had to be towed to the service station. Turns out my coil went bad and the coil, points and wires need to be replaced. WHEN IT RAINS IT POURS!!

Old 11-14-2006, 12:38 PM
:bandito:

Well if you didnt have any bad luck you wouldnt have any luck at all....

Old 11-21-2006, 08:49 PM
discount tire is my answer.. they do alota of free things.. including free stems EVERY time the tire is removed.. (on a free flat repair.. new stem.. on new tires.. free stem.. inspection that includes taking of tire.. new stem.).. i work there.. and i can tell u that are service is top of the line.. i cant tell u what the service/labor charge woulda been for the tires.. but if u have ever bought or do buy tires from them.. u get free rotation and balances for life. either way u get free flat repairs, etc. go to discount from now on.

Old 11-22-2006, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by F150_B.F.D.M.
discount tire is my answer.. they do alota of free things.. including free stems EVERY time the tire is removed.. (on a free flat repair.. new stem.. on new tires.. free stem.. inspection that includes taking of tire.. new stem.).. i work there.. and i can tell u that are service is top of the line.. i cant tell u what the service/labor charge woulda been for the tires.. but if u have ever bought or do buy tires from them.. u get free rotation and balances for life. either way u get free flat repairs, etc. go to discount from now on.
F150
I bought my rims from Discount Tire. The store manager I dealt with was great. Took the time to show me what my rims would look like since he had to order the ones for my truck. I need tires soon so I'll be heading back to Discount Tire when the time comes. Great service!

Mike

Old 11-22-2006, 05:17 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 135 Likes on 112 Posts
I love the comprehinsive road hazard program discount has. Worth my little bit of money to know im taken care of down the road (no pun intended)

Also they are willing to negotiate to make sure they have the best price anywhere. Infact onetime i went in was buying two tires, about 350 worth and the total came out to 389 or something. I told him and showed him i only had 360 with me, so he cut a few of the extra fees to reduce my price to what i had on hand.
-Patrick

Old 12-03-2006, 09:56 PM
i work there.. and i can tell u that are service is top of the line.. i cant tell u what the service/labor charge woulda been for the tires.. but if u have ever bought or do buy tires from them.. u get free rotation and balances for life. either way u get free flat repairs, etc. go to discount from now on.
F150:
I've got a question for you. Do you know if the Bridgestone Dueler APT III is a new tire? Know anything about this tire?

Thanks for your help.
Mike

Old 12-03-2006, 10:21 PM
hey, i can find out.. i still work out back, so im not up fron on the computer lookin up tires. but i can tell u one thing, we dont, well.. i cant remember ever mounting them before. i can find out though, or if all else fails, just give ur local store a call, they will tell u for sure.

ill get back to u.
-david

Originally Posted by mgsalida
F150:
I've got a question for you. Do you know if the Bridgestone Dueler APT III is a new tire? Know anything about this tire?

Thanks for your help.
Mike

Old 12-03-2006, 10:44 PM
hey, i can find out.. i still work out back, so im not up fron on the computer lookin up tires. but i can tell u one thing, we dont, well.. i cant remember ever mounting them before. i can find out though, or if all else fails, just give ur local store a call, they will tell u for sure.

ill get back to u.
-david
Thanks for the help Dave! Since I purchased my wheels from Discount Tire, I wouldn't trust anybody else mounting tires on them.

Mike

Old 12-04-2006, 01:49 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Sorry for the bad luck man, Knock on wood nothing bad has happend to my truck yet. Things will get better for you though.

Discount tire is a great place, we get all our tires from them!! I just wonder if they will mount a 325/65 on my factory 18's, im having trouble finding a 35/12.5 that aint a mud tire

Quick Reply: Tire Disaster