I think I need new pads

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 06:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think I need new pads

Just bought my 05 got home and the breaks started squeeking pretty coming while coming to a stop. So I look at the rotors and they dont look so good. IM wondering will I have to replace rotors and pads or just pads? The rotors have alot of lines in them. Also feels like I have to press almsot to the floorboard before it will stop. The truck has 34,000 miles on it. Whats the best around pad for the money?

Last edited by HiVoltage14.4; 11-16-2006 at 06:48 PM.
Old 11-17-2006, 07:17 AM
Well, look into Carquest (Raybestos) "blue" pads and the more expensive rotors (thicker) and you should be fine. Actually, I'd have your rotors turned (resurfaced) for half the price of new ones, as there probably is lots of life left in em. That's what I got, better brake performance it seems, almost no dust and noise only when they are worn down, plus life time warranty, can't loose.

Old 11-17-2006, 10:05 AM
Originally Posted by HiVoltage14.4
Just bought my 05 got home and the breaks started squeeking pretty coming while coming to a stop. So I look at the rotors and they dont look so good. IM wondering will I have to replace rotors and pads or just pads? The rotors have alot of lines in them. Also feels like I have to press almsot to the floorboard before it will stop. The truck has 34,000 miles on it. Whats the best around pad for the money?
I 've used Bendix pads (with titanium facing). They work really good on my wife's Pontiac. Big difference in braking. However, they dust the wheels real bad. Not sure if Bendix has ceramic pads with the same titanium stuff on them.

Mike

Old 11-17-2006, 11:02 AM
have the rotors turn and go EBC GreenStuff great pads no dust i got a pair of ther crossdrilled and slot rotors too ebc makes great stuff

Quick Reply: I think I need new pads