How much are stock wheels worth?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 08:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much are stock wheels worth?

I got a lift on my truck and i am selling the wheels that were on my truck to get some money back. My truck is a 1999 and it came with 16 inch ford wheels. How much do you think i could get for those? Also, where do you think would be the best place to sell them so I could get the maximum amount for them? Thanks a lot.

Old 11-25-2006, 08:37 AM
I'm going to guess that you've got the flat 5 spoke wheels. If that's the case you might be able to get about $200-250 total (including shipping). It depends on a few different things though: Are the wheels in good shape? Are you including tires? If tires come with them, are they in good shape? How much will you charge to ship them?

If I were you, I'd try placing an ad in the clasifieds on here and a couple other Ford truck sites first, you might just get lucky and find someone looking for exactly what you've got, plus it's free on most of those sites. If you don't get any bites, then put them up on Ebay. Don't put a high reserve price on them and don't expect to get a huge chunk of money out of them either. They're older and not nearly as in demand as wheels for the newer body style. Plus, they're a fairly common OEM wheel.

Old 11-25-2006, 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by hsimpson180
I got a lift on my truck and i am selling the wheels that were on my truck to get some money back. My truck is a 1999 and it came with 16 inch ford wheels. How much do you think i could get for those? Also, where do you think would be the best place to sell them so I could get the maximum amount for them? Thanks a lot.
They are not worth much. I swapped my stock 17 inch stock wheels with the [POS] Hankook tires on them to my tire store when I got my new wheels and tires. The original stuff had about 50 miles on them and they wanted to give me $50 each... wheel-tire together. I didn't settle for that but you get the idea. They claimed all these stock tires are good for is to sell someone a cheap used tire and maybe a second set of wheels for snow tires or something.

Quick Reply: How much are stock wheels worth?