ABS Light

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 04:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ABS Light

I have a 2001 4.2 V6 RABS and have had my ABS Light on for a few months now. I changed front pads 3 weeks ago because they were a little low. Rear rotors and pads were changed 3 months before that. So pads and rotors all around are good. After doing some research on here i thought i would replace my rear differnetial sensor. Changed that out today yet my ABS Light is still on. I disconnected the battery thinking maybe i had to reset it, light still on. Does this actually take some driving cycles for the light to go out if that was the problem?? Any help would be appreciated

Old 03-15-2007, 06:01 PM
ok after doing more research i did take notice that i have 4WABS and have the 2 sensors on the front. Is it possible to use a meter to check these sensors and what ohm reading should i have? Was also wondering do these front sensors tell wether or not a rotor is bad?

Last edited by kickstand5; 03-15-2007 at 07:22 PM.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:20 PM
Most likely the sensor on the rear end. It's located on top of the differential.

Old 03-15-2007, 10:24 PM
yea i changed that today and light is still on. Was wondering what ohms my front sensors should read?

Old 03-16-2007, 03:15 PM
I did mine not by ohming it out (not sure what is normal), but checked for continuity. My meter beeps when a solid connection is made and didn't beep on the bad sensor. I wasn't able to contort enough with short leads to hold both leads and meter and still be able to see the screen. Hope this helps with you.

Old 03-16-2007, 04:34 PM
ok well i think i found my bad sensor on the right front which would be the passenger front. i'll order my sensor and see if this fixes the light

Old 03-22-2007, 08:57 PM
Any luck with your light?
My ABS light just came on.

Old 03-25-2007, 07:55 PM
Well i tried continuity with the one i thought was bad. Didn't have any continuity. So for the sake of doing so i would do the one on the drivers side to make sure everything was cool. No continuity there either. Touched leads together to make sure meter worked and it does. Then i took wheels off to look behind the rotor on both sides to see what was up. Seen massive amounts of dirt/brake dust covering all the teeth that the sensor reads. Applied brake cleaner to teeth and dug it all the crap out with a screwdriver. Put everything back together and still had the light on. Did notice that when i start the truck with my foot on the brake my light is off and as soon as i let go the light comes back on. Any ideas??? Both sensors in front bad?? need some desperate help here have inspection and emissions here before the end of april.

Old 04-19-2007, 08:48 PM
well i just got my code read from the scanner i got at work and it comes up with c1096 hydraulic pump motor circuit open. What exactly is wrong and what does it take to fix it? any ideas???

Old 04-19-2007, 09:05 PM
Well kickstand5 i hope someody helps you. I posted the exact same problem a few days ago. My truck is doing the exact same thing. You can hold your foot on the brake and turn the key on but not start it. The light won't come on but as soon as you let off it pops on. And if you listhen you can hear the abs pump kick off at the same time the light comes on. I hope somebody can help both of us. Good luck to you.

Old 04-19-2007, 09:25 PM
Does the pump run non-stop? Or did it? The module and pump are under the air filter. If you can't hear it running, then I would try running a jumper wire to it to see if it went bad. You'll probably have to pull the module off the valve manifold to get access, but I think it's just 4 bolts, so no big deal. If the pump is bad you'll need a new one, but be careful because it probably failed because the module is bad and it ran non-stop for a while. If the module is bad you can get it rebuilt. You don't need it, just take it out and send it off. Hope this helps.

Old 04-19-2007, 09:52 PM
so this is relatively easy to get to?? where do i buy one to replace if its bad?

Old 04-19-2007, 11:24 PM
Kickstand try this. Run you a hot wire and a ground wire from the battery to your pump. Unplug the plug thats onside of your pump, and hook up your wires you just ran. If the pump runs then its not the pump. I did mine and the pump runs fine. I can only think its the control module. If you put your hand on the module and turn the key on you can feel the module kick on then theres nothing. Not trying to hijack your thread,just trying to help.

Old 04-20-2007, 03:26 PM
where could i find a new pump or module if i need one and please dont say dealership cuz im sure its not cheap, lol

Old 04-21-2007, 06:20 PM
A junkyard, I replaced my module with one. Try car-part.com. If you need a module though you might want to get it rebuilt. I talked to a guy who advertises on ebay. he seemed pretty honest, since he said he woundn't recommend rebuilding a 97 since they are very reliable I'd be better off with a used one. But, he did say that the 99 on ones he could rebuild better then from the factory.

Quick Reply: ABS Light