Best Summer Truck Tire? Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 07:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think they did a minor update a few years back. I think thats when they got the "KO" addition.

Old 03-26-2007, 09:06 PM
Originally Posted by hmfic
I think they did a minor update a few years back. I think thats when they got the "KO" addition.
This is true. It was a very minor update. All they did to the exterior was add some sidewall traction where they had none before. The 3-ply sidewall might be a part of that upgrade too. But the tread that touches the ground is the same.

Old 03-27-2007, 08:52 AM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ktexas
IMO they haven't updated their design b/c they don't need to, they are still the best all around A/T tire out there. I have had a few sets of them and others in between, and I am now about to buy another set of BFG's. I always get GREAT mileage (with routine rotation) and I loved everything about them. Not cheap, but I think the extra $ is worth it.
I have the BFG AT KO now and the Revos I had on my last F-150 were better in every on-road driving condition. Until I sold the truck with 30k miles on the tires. I have 40k miles on the BFG's with what appears to be half tread life left, but the traction sucks in rain and snow. No better than the Wrangler AT/S I had at one time @ 40k miles. So while the treadlife may be very long as far as tread depth goes, its traction is less than the competition that has less tread life remaining. It's not a bad tire, but once you have better, it feels worse. It's all relative. Others agree that the BFG is no longer king.

Old 03-27-2007, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by ktexas
IMO they haven't updated their design b/c they don't need to, they are still the best all around A/T tire out there. I have had a few sets of them and others in between, and I am now about to buy another set of BFG's. I always get GREAT mileage (with routine rotation) and I loved everything about them. Not cheap, but I think the extra $ is worth it.
Ditto.

Old 03-27-2007, 03:11 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm looking at these Goodyears @ Tirerack. They get great ratings from snow plow guys, and guys driving across country. Better ratings than the Revo (#2 in their catagory).

Look at these ratings....BFG's are in 9th place.

Old 03-28-2007, 12:10 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Wrangler SilentArmor tires

Anyone else run the Goodyear Wrangler SilentArmor tires ??

Quick Reply: Best Summer Truck Tire? Need Help