Brake pads

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 11:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brake pads

I have a question, I've installed new EBC brakes pads last week, and unitl today I can still hear some squeaking on the brakes. Is this normal? I havent driven the Truck for more than 100miles with the new brakes, i just used it for city driving. need your opinion.

thanks

Old 04-06-2007, 03:36 PM
I've been through a couple sets of EBC pads now. They have all squeeked some for the first couple weeks. It has always gone away. The smooth braking and fairly light dusting have kept me using them... despite the squeek at first.

If you're only hearing the squeek when turning, you can fix that with some disc brake quiet stuff. It's like an adhesive caulk I guess you'd say, that you apply to the back of the pads and keeps them from catching when you turn.

Old 04-06-2007, 04:26 PM
brakes

Cownie,

Thanks for the info man, I hate the squeak, but am loving the performance, it really made a difference on the trucks braking performance.It's a little dusty thou, but I guess it will stop after a week or so right?

Old 04-07-2007, 02:12 AM
Suspended
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Might I ask how much you paid and where you got them from? There is a quiet spray we use at work, its a tacky spray and works good, have to spray in on the actual pad itself, on the sides, not the contact surface tough, and ofcourse on the back so the pad adheises to the caliper

Old 04-07-2007, 09:18 AM
Did you replace the rotors or cut them?

Old 04-07-2007, 04:23 PM
I got them at summit racing I bought 7000 series for the front and 6000 series for the rear, I was going to replace my rotrs with crossed drilled, but the guy send me the wrong rotors . So i just had my old rotors resurfaced. Hope this helps, let me know if you got anymore questions.

Old 04-09-2007, 12:41 PM
Yeah... they definately are not dust free, that's for sure. It seems to me there is less dust than OEM, but there is still dust. There is a coating they put on them that wears away fairly quickly. That coating dust like nothing I've seen. Hopefully that is what you are working through right now. To be honest, any pads that I was impressed with the amount of dusting were not all that great at stopping. It's all a compromise as far as I can see. Some say they have come across some great pads that do not dust, but then later come back and question why their rotors are warping so quick.

It mostly comes down to personal preference. I put up with some dusting with the EBC's because I like the grip, feel, and quiet (eventually). 30 or 40,000 miles down the road I'll switch out the pads and be on my way. Current set of rotors have 70,000 miles on them and are on their 3rd set of pads...

Last edited by Crownie; 04-09-2007 at 12:44 PM.

Quick Reply: Brake pads