Newbie Needs A Straight Answer - HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 11:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for clarifying everything y'all- it's really going to help me make a good decision!

remindersrus- I'm going to hang onto the factory wheels that came on the truck, for the time being- I appreciate the offer, though. Unless I really need the money I'd like to have them to put on if I need to make a really long highway trip or if I decide to sell the truck or trade it in.

Coveredi- Sorry- I meant no offense with my comments about the Pirellis. I'm just still mad about the dealer not switching out the tires for good all-terrain tires when I bought it; but I shouldn't have used such harsh words about them. As you said, different people like/need different things. Since I'm on a big ranch much of the time, that's mostly dirt roads and "sendaros" that get VERY muddy when it rains, those Pirellis really aren't any good to me; but they do work just fine on the highway, as you said. I can understand selling them on a 2wd truck but on a 4x4? Ridiculous. Especially when you consider that the dealership is in a small town in a 99% ranching/farming community!

Thanks for the help!

Nick

Old 04-11-2007, 01:55 PM
No Problem.

I've always thought it was stupid that when a manufacturer touted their vehicle as Off-Road that they didn't put decent off road tires on it. I mentioned that in a Chevy dealer, looking at a Tahoe Z71 with Eagle LS tires on it. I commented they needed Off-Road tires on an Off-Road vehicle. Their reply? "Who takes a $50k vehicle off roading?!?" My answer was "ME!"

And if you're running in Mud, then the Pirellis are really not what you need!

Good luck!

Old 04-11-2007, 08:21 PM
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
Horitexan, keep us advised as to what tires you decide to put on. And yes Hummer has enough sense to put on the BFG AT's on the H2's.

Old 04-11-2007, 10:45 PM
Ditch the poly kit and go with an above strut assembly spacer kit, that way you don't screw with the spring load. Load range C tires are 6 ply(least durable), D tires 8 ply(what you want), E 10 ply (hard as a brick, don't need unless you haul or tow often).

Old 04-12-2007, 06:46 AM
Originally Posted by Horitexan
remindersrus- I'm going to hang onto the factory wheels that came on the truck, for the time being- I appreciate the offer, though. Unless I really need the money I'd like to have them to put on if I need to make a really long highway trip or if I decide to sell the truck or trade it in.
No problem! I always figure...The answers automatically no if you don't ask, right?

Old 04-12-2007, 09:49 PM
C=6ply,D=8ply E=10ply Perelli=4ply LOL

Old 04-12-2007, 09:53 PM
Oh and by the way, ever taken an $800.00 used truck muddin'? Yeah it was a nice day for a walk. That's why we pay the bucks for a dependable tk. All you dealers out there , say less and let the merchandise speak.

Quick Reply: Newbie Needs A Straight Answer - HELP!