left front rim hot?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 09:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
left front rim hot?

i was just driving regular and i got out of my truck and i smelled brakes. so i smelled my left front brake pretty bad i felt towards the center of the rim and i just about got burned. i checked the other side and it was just warm. my truck got new tires about 600 mi. ago and the said my brakes were fine. after i found out my rim was hot i drove around the block my steering wheel wasnt pulling in any direction. and i also was pumping my brakes hard a couple times then i used them regular and my left rear tire would lock up and skid i did it a few more times and it still did it so i parked it let it sit over night and it seemed to be fine the next day. i dont think it has heated up since but does anybody know what happened.

Old 04-13-2007, 12:01 AM
Sounds like sticking caliper piston and/ or caliper slides.
How old is the truck, miles? Has the fluid ever been changed? Is it 4 wheel disc or front disc/ rear drum? 4x4/4x2?

Old 04-13-2007, 07:36 AM
its a 97 with 87,0000 miles 4X4 front disk rear drum i bought the truck used so im not really sure when or if it has been changed all i know is the guy changes his engine oil every 2000 no matter what

Old 04-13-2007, 06:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you do have a sticking caliper [ sounds like you do] make sure to change the brake line rubber hose. They collapse internally and cause the caliper to stick.

Old 04-13-2007, 06:52 PM
Could it possibly have something to do with the hub/bearing assembly. Although I guess if you smelled the brakes then it probably is the brakes... Just a thought.

Quick Reply: left front rim hot?