Tire Selection & Leveling Kit Inquire

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 06:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Tire Selection & Leveling Kit Inquire

First of all, I am the proud owner of a 2WD 2005 F150. Currently I have the factory wheels and tires, however I am in need of new tires. I have decided, after reading a lot of the threads, to purchase an AS leveling kit. I am still unsure on whether or not I should get the 2” or the 2 ½” though. I “occasionally” tow and or haul things so the 2” is probably the one I should go with…but I have a STAINLESS STEEL GRILL GUARD that weighs approximately 70-90 pounds. (I can’t remember exact weight) Having said the previous, would that mean that a 2 ½” AS would be a better alternative or would it even matter? I read somewhere that if you had a heavy brush guard you needed to go with a 2 ½” AS. I also read that before the new generation AS design, there were a few problems with the kit, but haven’t heard any negatives since. Is this kit as good as I think it is?

Also, the size tire I am probably wanting to move up to is a 285/70/17 (33” tires on factory OEM wheels should be alright but please correct me if I am wrong) in either the Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo, Firestone Destination M/T or the Nitto Terra Grappler AT. Out of these, what would YOU choose? Any pros/cons that might help decide on which tire to get?

Thank-you in advance for your time in both reading and responding to my question(s). Any thoughts concerning these matters are much appreciated.

God Bless the U.S.A.

Old 04-18-2007, 10:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd go with the 2.5 inch kit. If want to raise the rear after you install the 2.5 inch kit, just add a lift block. Out of those tire choices I'd go with the Nitto's.

Old 04-22-2007, 02:52 AM
Thanks again Wandell. I wish more people had replied. I like to hear what everyone has to say but, you seem to be the one that everyone ask anyways. :-) God Bless!

Old 04-22-2007, 12:16 PM
I agree with Wendel on both points. Go with the 2.5" kit and for the tire I like the Nitto the best of the ones you listed based solely on the looks. I haven't done any research on the other 2 tires, but NItto's seem to be a really good tire and get some great reviews.

Old 04-22-2007, 12:57 PM
Go with the 2.5"!

Old 04-22-2007, 03:03 PM
I concur, go with the 2.5" and I can tell you that you won't go wrong with the Nitto's, I did some research on tires recently having just bought a set myself. The nitto's get very high marks from everyone and many consider them the #1 All terrain tire.

Old 04-23-2007, 12:39 AM
SWEET! Thanks everyone....I will definitely try to get the Nitto(s) however I just found out today that I can get the Dueler Revo (Bridgestone) for $505.00 and the Destinations for $445.00. That includes 4 tires, 4 valve stems and balance and rotation free for life. Hard to pass that kind of deal up don't you think? I am going to attempt to get an estimate on the Nittos. It pays to know people in life...ya know? Let me know yall's opinions.

Quick Reply: Tire Selection & Leveling Kit Inquire