Eagle Alloy Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 01:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Eagle Alloy Wheels

I have Eagle Alloy 178 wheels on my 2004 Supercrew. I only have 9200 miles on my truck. It's parked in my garage during the week since I have a company car. I only drive it on the weekends. If it is clean and it is raining, I don't even take it out! I do keep the wheels on during the winter, but again, it's only on weekends. I do my best to keep the salt off of not only my wheels, but my truck too. Heck, everyone makes fun of me because I never drive it!

Today I was cleaning my wheels and I noticed small bumps, almost like little pimples, on the inside of my wheels. I also noticed some areas where the chrome is starting to flake off. Of course I'm pissed. I was wondering if anyone else has the same wheels, or wheels by the same manufacturer, and have had the same problems. I bought my truck new from the Ford dealer set up with the lift, wheels, and tires. My 3/36,000 mile warranty does not run out until mid-summer. I remember asking the dealer when I bought my truck about such things as u-joints going out and if it would be covered. They said yes, since I bought it from them set up this way. Does anyone know if this will be covered under my warranty, or has anyone else went back to the dealer for such an issue?

Thanks in advance.

Old 04-23-2007, 07:36 AM
I would get with Eagle Alloy (maybe through the dealer). I have ran 4 different sets of wheels through them and no problems. However, they are pretty reputable and I think will help you out.

Old 04-23-2007, 12:30 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree.

Old 04-23-2007, 03:36 PM

Akita, what are your wheel and tire specs, they look like terra grapplers from your pic, but i cant tell. thanks

Old 04-23-2007, 11:16 PM
Yes, they are Nitto Terra Grapplers, 325's. I am planning on a Westin Ultimate Bull Bar and lights. I'll get them from the same truck shop that works with the dealers to install lifts, wheels, tires, and other aftermarket products. I guess when I go see them, I'll talk to them about my wheels. It sure it frustrating since I hardly ever drive my truck and have so few miles on it!

I looked at the Eagle Alloy web site and unless I totally missed it, I can't find a phone number for them. Does anyone who has these wheels have a number for them?

Last edited by Akita; 04-23-2007 at 11:18 PM.

Quick Reply: Eagle Alloy Wheels