Got my rims on check it out lemme know whatcha think.

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 07:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got my rims on check it out lemme know whatcha think.

Installed today: 20" KMC Monster (black) and 305/55/20 Nitto Terra Graps. I love the look. Tires could be a bit taller but I can live with these for sure. I'll post some pics ASAP.....BONUS my tunes came in from Troyer last night...WHAT A DIFFERENCE.
Go here to see how I dealt with the TPMS https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=283621

Last edited by Shane1; 04-25-2007 at 01:41 PM.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:29 PM
Smoked out. Looks great man.

Old 04-24-2007, 07:48 PM
Awesome color scheme! Those rims look great! Hey, what width are the rims? I like wheels that stick out just a bit like yours do.

Old 04-24-2007, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by Hunt&Fish
Awesome color scheme! Those rims look great! Hey, what width are the rims? I like wheels that stick out just a bit like yours do.
Thanks they are 9" wide but i'm not sure of the offset ill find out and post back.

Old 04-24-2007, 08:16 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sweet! The backspacing appears to be perfect. They look aggressive, but don't stick out too far.

Old 04-25-2007, 12:09 AM
You b@st@rd! (jk) I've been waiting almost 5 weeks for my monsters and was so stoked not to have seen them on anyone's ride yet.... Well good for you bro. They look sweet! I'm not sure what the offset is for the 20s but my 18 come in 2 offsets, -17 & 18. The Negative 17 looks pretty g@y IMO and the 18 offset has almost 6" of backspace which is probably the same on yours as the width is the same on the 20s and 18s. I was debating to go to 20's but at $400+ per 35" procomp Xtreme A/T i was affraid of the price jump moving to a 20" rim. The real kicker now is the brembo brakes I was going to put on won't fit on a wheel smaller than 19". So go put that brake kit on and let me know if it's worth the $5k

My screw is the sam color, but the trim is beige until I get my wheels and can color match it to go with the matte black on grey or vice versa however you'd call that.

PS
Make sure you tell everyone how chitty the wheels are and how they won't balance properly so no one else goes out and gets a set...

Old 04-25-2007, 01:54 AM
Originally Posted by Shane1
BONUS my tunes came in from Troyer last night...WHAT A DIFFERENCE.
That combo looks sweet

Out of curiosity, how long ago did you fax your worksheets to Troyer? I sent mine off on the 5th of this month and am trying to figure out how much time I have left to wait.

Old 04-25-2007, 02:49 AM
Originally Posted by nxtlvl
You b@st@rd! (jk) I've been waiting almost 5 weeks for my monsters and was so stoked not to have seen them on anyone's ride yet.... Well good for you bro. They look sweet! I'm not sure what the offset is for the 20s but my 18 come in 2 offsets, -17 & 18. The Negative 17 looks pretty g@y IMO and the 18 offset has almost 6" of backspace which is probably the same on yours as the width is the same on the 20s and 18s. I was debating to go to 20's but at $400+ per 35" procomp Xtreme A/T i was affraid of the price jump moving to a 20" rim. The real kicker now is the brembo brakes I was going to put on won't fit on a wheel smaller than 19". So go put that brake kit on and let me know if it's worth the $5k

My screw is the sam color, but the trim is beige until I get my wheels and can color match it to go with the matte black on grey or vice versa however you'd call that.

PS
Make sure you tell everyone how chitty the wheels are and how they won't balance properly so no one else goes out and gets a set...
Thanks man! The only reason I went with the 20" was because I ordered some 18" rockstars but the ship date kept slipping. So I said give me my money back and I'll go else where (wasnt pissed just ready to my rims). I had the rockstars for $866.00 shipped. For another $200.00 he got me the 20"s which was a good deal IMO. I'm glad I did....I really dig the look of the truck now!
I'm trying to find some DSG bumpers but no luck so far. Then today my gf (after seeing my rims) mentioned going with black bumpers to give it a hardcore industrial look....which I'm actually considering.
Just between you and I the tire guy said they balanced up real nice...but I wont tell nobody

Old 04-25-2007, 02:54 AM
Originally Posted by alfack
That combo looks sweet

Out of curiosity, how long ago did you fax your worksheets to Troyer? I sent mine off on the 5th of this month and am trying to figure out how much time I have left to wait.
THANKS

I faxed my stuff toward the end of Febuary. From what I've read they get really bogged down when they have onsite tuning to do. Maybe now that everybody has spent their tax money the process will go faster.
Good luck...don't be afraid to email and ask for updates. Mine mysteriously appeared after I asked for an update.....

Old 04-25-2007, 05:13 AM
Funny,
Those pics were taken 2 YEARS before your truck was built........

Old 04-25-2007, 11:10 AM
Great combo , looks real good

Old 04-25-2007, 09:03 PM
Finally got my wheels today!!!!
And, well, one of them isn't damaged at least.
It looks like UPS did their job, alright because the 2 boxes were fine but the boxes inside containing the wheels looked like they'd been in the depths of the slowboat for quite some time with decomposing cardboard and smashed corners. Needless to say the wheels were in rough shape even with the protective plastic lips.

We'll see how long it takes to get these wheels and tires on... At least I have one more package to wait for now... Oh Joy

I'll be riding on the rancho lift with stocks looking like a roided out ballerina if these wheels don't get swapped out quick like.

Anyone have any good ideas where to mount the Rancho Remote Damping unit?

I was thinking of gutting the ashtray and having the gauges set right in to keep the fake wood trim...

Old 04-25-2007, 09:54 PM
Originally Posted by nxtlvl
Finally got my wheels today!!!!
And, well, one of them isn't damaged at least.
It looks like UPS did their job, alright because the 2 boxes were fine but the boxes inside containing the wheels looked like they'd been in the depths of the slowboat for quite some time with decomposing cardboard and smashed corners. Needless to say the wheels were in rough shape even with the protective plastic lips.
I work for UPS and with all the packages that we handle and all the conveyor belts, I would recommend that you request that your rims be shipped in UPS approved boxes. That is a majority of the problem. People seem to think any box is ok, but in reality, the box need to be strong enough for the weight inside of it.

Old 04-25-2007, 11:09 PM
SHane1 what is the offset on those rims?

Old 04-25-2007, 11:32 PM
Looks good

Quick Reply: Got my rims on check it out lemme know whatcha think.