New Member Needs Help with 20" Roush Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 08:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Member Needs Help with 20" Roush Wheels

This is my first post. If I was supposed to do an intro somewhere please let me know. I have a 2004 5.4l XLT 4x4 supercab. It is black. I just got one heck of a deal off ebay for 4 20" Roush wheels for my truck ($250 for all 4). They are as follows:

Chrome
Bolt Pattern: 6 BOLT 135MM
Rim Width: 8.5J
Rim Diameter (inches): 20
Offset: 35
Manufacturer Part Number: ROUSH RACING
Number of Bolts: 6 Condition: Used

My question is what size tires do you recommend for this wheel? I want to have a good look for the summer, but because I live in a salty winter wonderland, I am going to put the stock 17's back on for winter and deer hunting. These wheels will be only used for good weather driving. I still expect to be off road quite a bit, but most of the driving will be on road. I will be off road to check deer food plots, camping, etc. Is 275/55/20 the recommended size for my truck and wheel combination? I want the tires to fill the truck out nice. I am going to put a leveling kit in for the front at some time as well.

THanks for the help.

Jeff

Old 04-25-2007, 09:16 AM
Nice rims, and welcome to the forum! I am not sure what size tires to recommend, but I do recommend getting the level kit as soon as possible. That way, you will be able to fit larger tires on those nice rims! I have 325/60/18 on my truck (33.6x13) and I am happy with the look. I had to do some minor trimming, but thats ok! I'm sure that someone will chime in soon with tire options for you. BTW, heres a couple links that helped me alot when making my tire/wheel selection.

https://www.rsracing.com/tech-wheel.html

http://www.bigcustomwheels.com/rt_specs.jsp

Old 04-25-2007, 09:33 AM
Why not wrap a set of aggressive off-road tires around the 20s and be done with it. That is a killer look. Once you get used to those pretty new wheels, you would hate to put the 17s back on all winter just because of the tire. You have the perfect recipe to take advantage of that bad a** low-pro off road big wheel look. That looks awesome all year round, and for you it's not just for looks. You need the functionality.

JMO

Old 04-25-2007, 09:39 AM
Not worried about the tire in the winter, but the wheels. The county boys live for spreading salt, and I don't want to damage the wheels. I also have a brand new set of OEM tires that I just put on the truck in the 17's. I guess I could sell them, but probably wouldn't get much for em. Living in Central Illinois ruins alot of wheels.

Jeff

Old 04-25-2007, 10:14 AM
The factory 20's come with 275/55/20 tires, you can't go wrong with that option, you can of course go bigger as I have seen others do, I am unaware of how big you can go, it depends on a few things from what I have learned 2WD or 4WD, autospring, lifts etc.
Good luck and welcome!

Old 04-25-2007, 10:15 AM
Truck is 4wd. I am going to level the front. Will these work on it and what would I have to do?

Mickey Thompson Baja Radial ATZ's. 35x13.50x20 Load range E

Old 04-25-2007, 10:21 AM
Originally Posted by arcolaf150
Not worried about the tire in the winter, but the wheels. The county boys live for spreading salt, and I don't want to damage the wheels. I also have a brand new set of OEM tires that I just put on the truck in the 17's. I guess I could sell them, but probably wouldn't get much for em. Living in Central Illinois ruins alot of wheels.

Jeff
Yeah, I agree that you might end up nearly giving the 17s away if you go that route. I have kept my factories in the past because you never know what could happen. Heaven forbid something happen to the truck that it has to go, but if something did, wouldn't you love to be able to keep the sweet wheels and tires and part with the factories instead if it came to that. Not a nice thought, but it's like life insurance, not fun to talk about but nice to have the backup plan. What's a couple hundred bucks in exchange for that peace of mind. You know you'd get another Ford anyway Then bam...you already got a hot set of wheels and tires for the replacement.

Old 04-25-2007, 08:09 PM
ttt

Quick Reply: New Member Needs Help with 20" Roush Wheels