Neewbie, Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 09:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Neewbie, Need Help

Hi everyone I just got my new truck about 3 wks ago and am ready to start tricking it out. I have seen a few set ups on here that i have really liked, so i figure i would ask for yalls advice. First off it is a 05 supercrew 4x4 with 4.6 Do i need a leveling kit if i want to end up lifting it? Second is there anything to increase mpg? here is a setup i seen on a truck here, does anyone know how much it would cost to have something similar?

6" Pro Comp Stage 1 lift kit
2" Pro Comp Add-A-Leaf
35/12.50/20 Nitto Mud Grapplers mounted on Moto Metal 951 20 x 10's

Thanks Jason Wilson

Old 04-29-2007, 01:20 PM
Lots of guys go with a leveling kit and an AAL because it is much cheaper than a full suspension lift. Some guys even go with a combo of a full suspension lift with a leveling kit and an AAL to get even more lift. I drove around with a 2.5" leveling kit on my truck for about 8 months while I saved my money before I did my 6" lift, but removed the leveling kit when I did my lift. It really depends on what you want and what you can afford and if you're willing to wait to save if you have to to get what you want.

Adding mods to try to improve gas mileage is a no-win situation because it'll take you years to recoup the amount of money spent on the mods. You can add a new intake, exhaust and tuner and some guys have reported improved gas mileage, but it's not significant enough to warrant doing it just to improve gas mileage. Most of us add those mods to improve the overall performance of our trucks, getting better gas mileage is a bonus.

To do what you listed in your post I would say you're talking somewhere between $4k and $5k depending on if you're doing the install yourself or getting it done at a shop.

Old 04-29-2007, 05:15 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree. However trying to improve gas milage while wanting to lift your truck and run larger tires is a contradiction. Gas milage is only gonna get worse with a lift and larger tires.

Old 04-29-2007, 10:17 PM
Thanks for the help, I understand that my gas mileage is gonna get worse with the mods that I want, but i wasnt sure if there was anything i could do to help it out after i did everything to it. Why settle for 12 to 13 mpg if i could get 14 to 15 It was just a question and wouldn't have gotten a answer if i didn't ask.

Jason Wilson

Quick Reply: Neewbie, Need Help