Squeak when no brakes, gone w/ brakes pressed?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 11:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Squeak when no brakes, gone w/ brakes pressed?

Hey everyone, I've been having an annoying squeak problem that I don't know is brake-related or not. I've had my new tires on for about 4 weeks, but a couple of weeks before that, I started noticing a squeaking sound sounding like it's coming from the driver's front tire side, and it's still going on now. It usually only happens when I start driving at a slower speed like from 10-40 mph. It usually happens when I've driven at a highway speed and then it starts when I come into my neighborhood or into the middle of the city where I have to slow down. The noise has the pitch and same sound of brake squeaking but it sounds with the speed of the wheel, and the noise stops when I apply the brakes. New brake pads were put on just a few months ago. Any suggestions?? Thanks in advance.

Old 04-30-2007, 07:08 PM
Wheel bearing?

Old 05-09-2007, 11:39 AM
probably the wear indicator on the pads. they squeak when not braking because it's metal just coming in contact with your rotors. when you brake, the rest of the pad makes firm contact and the squeaking stops.

probably want to check your pads asap before you gouge your rotors...

of course, this is just a guess....

Old 05-09-2007, 11:02 PM
Suspended
ive been having almost the same problem with my 2002, i first noticed this problem after driving on the highway for an hour but now its starting to happen all the time. it only happens on take off and some lite breaking when i get up too speed it goes away untill i hit the gas a little harder. have you figured out what was causing the sound on your truck because im getting really frustrated with this sound.

Old 05-10-2007, 01:12 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ranchhand99
Hey everyone, I've been having an annoying squeak problem that I don't know is brake-related or not. I've had my new tires on for about 4 weeks, but a couple of weeks before that, I started noticing a squeaking sound sounding like it's coming from the driver's front tire side, and it's still going on now. It usually only happens when I start driving at a slower speed like from 10-40 mph. It usually happens when I've driven at a highway speed and then it starts when I come into my neighborhood or into the middle of the city where I have to slow down. The noise has the pitch and same sound of brake squeaking but it sounds with the speed of the wheel, and the noise stops when I apply the brakes. New brake pads were put on just a few months ago. Any suggestions?? Thanks in advance.
Same situation here. Help would be appreciated.

Quick Reply: Squeak when no brakes, gone w/ brakes pressed?