E rated tires questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 02:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E rated tires questions

I have stock 18" rims and want to get some bigger tires. I dont want to go too big, but a lot of the sizes that would fit these rims and not be huge are E rated. How much will my ride deteriorate with these tires (more specifically 275/70 GY Silent Armors or 305/65 BFG ATs)

Also, How bad will E rated tires be for playing on the sand dunes?? I only go once a year.... Just curious to see if I'd be ok.

I will be installing a 2" leveling kit too.
Thank you everyone!!!

Old 05-03-2007, 08:51 AM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Load E will ride stiffer. That's about is. Some people like the stiffer ride and other people don't.

Old 05-03-2007, 12:09 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree.

Old 05-03-2007, 12:37 PM
Went from the stock tires to the E rated 305's, and you can tell the diff. I think that the only reason that I could really tell a diff. is because I have a lariat and it rode so smooth stock, but do not get me wrong it still rides very, just a little stiffer, but i drive on the interstate for 70 miles a day, and it is still a very nice ride, even at 75 it rides smooth as ever, so I would not hesitate to get a E rated tire, that is assuming that everything goes perfectly right, as far as, if they balance them correctly, if the truck is aligned right, lots of factors go into the equation, but I can tell you that man ride great, I can barely tell that there is a diff., hope this helps, not to mention, I would sacrfice even more of my ride quality to achive the look that my truck is at now, so its a no brainer.

Old 05-05-2007, 12:55 AM
Thank you guys! I think I'm leaning towards the BFG 305s.... I think they would look bad a$$!!

Quick Reply: E rated tires questions