Goodyear Wrangler RTS 245/16

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 07:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Goodyear Wrangler RTS 245/16

I am having cracks develop in the sidewall of my goodyear wrangler rts tires appoximately 3/8 of an inch from the rim and about 2 inches long. At first I did not think it was a tire issue. That is until I had another tire with the same defect from the opposite side of the truck. (LF/RR) Anyone have as issue with these tires?

Old 05-20-2007, 10:27 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't recall anyone having problems with cracking. Most members here and at FTW just complain about their all around poor performance.

Old 05-20-2007, 11:00 PM
The AT/S Wranglers are alot better, but from experiences, the RT/S were ho-hum.

Old 05-21-2007, 09:00 PM
RT/S Cracking

I manage a Goodyear retail location and if you have cracking you can bring the truck in for a tire inspection. I would call Goodyear and get you a pro-rated adjustment price on replacing the tires that have cracks. they are called stress cracks and that shouldn't happen. So depending on the age and tread wear you would get money off the purchase of a new tire. Roughly half worn half price. Hope this hepls.

Old 05-22-2007, 10:34 AM
Goodyear Contact information

Originally Posted by firesam23
I manage a Goodyear retail location and if you have cracking you can bring the truck in for a tire inspection. I would call Goodyear and get you a pro-rated adjustment price on replacing the tires that have cracks. they are called stress cracks and that shouldn't happen. So depending on the age and tread wear you would get money off the purchase of a new tire. Roughly half worn half price. Hope this hepls.
Thanks for the information.
I did not know what to call the defect since I have never seen it before. I have tried my local dealer to no avail. Do you have a corporate contact number/email that you would like to share?

Old 05-22-2007, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by wandell
I don't recall anyone having problems with cracking. Most members here and at FTW just complain about their all around poor performance.
I never had a problem with cracking on mine, I was just dissapointed in the wet performance of the tires. I had no choice when I got the truck since that was what was on there. I went with new tires back in Sept and couldn't be happier. I went with Pathfinders and they seem to perform pretty well for me.

Old 05-22-2007, 10:00 PM
there is an issue with that size rt/s. its a big enough issue that ford ran a recall/tsb(cant remember which one) stating to replace all tires on ford rangers with the P245/75/16 wrangler rt/s with P255/70/16. contact your local dealer for more info.

Quick Reply: Goodyear Wrangler RTS 245/16