Cooper Zeon Ltz?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007 | 06:46 PM
Originally Posted by billgatesceo
Do yall think that this tire will fit on a stock height '05 5.4L screw with the roush 20's?
I would think they would, you may have to cut some of the wheel well out. I can turn mine to the limits both ways w/o rubbing. The tire size also consitute to being a 33/12.50. You may try seaching on the forum for that particular size.

Old 07-04-2007 | 11:21 AM
I actually had them put on yesterday. They only rub right on the edge of one of the frame components by about an 1/8th of an inch. While driving, I still haven't gotten them to rub. I plan on getting a leveling kit to fix that.

Old 07-05-2007 | 06:49 AM
Originally Posted by little Buro
Just put my Coopers on today and have only driven to work so far. They feel spongy, I do have bump steer though so I'll try and have them re-balanced tomorrow. They came balanced from discount tire, but I do not know if I threw a weight on the way to work or what I'll keep you informed. Check out the pics.
https://www.f150online.com/galleries...m=14218:beers:
Your truck looks TIGHT! I plan to get the same tires, so thinks for the info!
I'll post pics when I do.

Old 07-05-2007 | 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by JPCOR45
Your truck looks TIGHT! I plan to get the same tires, so thinks for the info!
I'll post pics when I do.
Thanks! I think the next peice to buy will be some painted fender flares.

Old 07-06-2007 | 03:18 PM
Little Buro, so what is your impression of the Cooper LTZ tires so far?

Old 07-06-2007 | 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by rcralston
Little Buro, so what is your impression of the Cooper LTZ tires so far?
I like the way they hug the road both wet and dry. My stock BFGs felt really easy to hydroplane and these do not. The sound they make is not very noisy they are what I anticipated. The only con that I have is that at slower speeds it feels like your riding on rocks. The ride feels lumpy only at slow speeds but this is my first set of agressive tread tires so its probally normal. Its not necessaraly a wheel nibble.

Old 07-23-2007 | 10:18 PM
Does anyone else have these tires? I am getting ready to order a set and hope its the right choice, they look awsome, hope they perform as good as they look.

Old 07-24-2007 | 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by raptor2
Does anyone else have these tires? I am getting ready to order a set and hope its the right choice, they look awsome, hope they perform as good as they look.
I just got i set about i week ago, they work just as good as look. I use my truck for work so I am at construction sites all day, No problems. They look just as good dirty as they do clean![IMG] [IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

Old 07-24-2007 | 09:03 PM
did you buy them at discouttire.com? I'm told that they are the exclusive dealer for these tires. I checked at my local cooper dealer and they said they could not get them. What size are your coopers and what did you pay for them? Thanks.

Old 07-25-2007 | 09:20 AM
did you buy them at discouttire.com? I'm told that they are the exclusive dealer for these tires. I checked at my local cooper dealer and they said they could not get them. What size are your coopers and what did you pay for them? Thanks.
I got them at discount tire, but I just went into the store and got them. They are about 200.00 a piece. The guys at the store told me that they go fast in that size. Good luck.

Old 07-25-2007 | 10:42 AM
what size are the ones on your truck?

Old 07-25-2007 | 05:25 PM
Cooper Zeon LTZ's: My 5000 mile report...

Purchased these tires in May from Discount Tires. 285/50R20 on 20x10 Liquid Metals.

When I purchased these tires then, I was informed they were a brand new model of tire from Cooper. Decided to try them out after looking at the treadwear rating and look of the tire.

Within the first week from purchase, I experienced a moderately "bad" steering wobble from 40-50 mph, especially if the tires were cold. Once the tires heated up, they smoothed out a bit. I returned to Discount Tire and informed them of the problem. They re-balanced them and rotated them front/back. This made the steering wobble much better, however still had a hint there.

I figured I'd run them for at least 5K miles before I returned to see what would happen with the wobble. For the most part, the wobble returned and I just went back to Discount Tire and told them the same thing. They again re-balanced and rotated the wheels. The wheels themselves are not bent and they are hub-centric as well. The tires don't seem to be out of round either, but that was a visual check only. Well, 2 days later, the wheel wobble is back and worse than before I brought it in. Gonna have to go back to Discount Tire again.

Anyway, the performance of the tire in dry conditions are excellent for a 6000 lb truck. Phenominal difference between the stock tires and these. They are super quiet on the road even though they have the aggressive tread. Quite happy with them in spite of the steering wobble.

Wet conditions: I had my first wet/rain condition the other day here in So Cal after months of no rain. The tires performed just fine if I took it easy, but could definitely be quite fun and easy to kick out the rear if I wanted too. I think any tire in the rain that day with the oils on the road would have done the same. Satisfactory in this catagory.

Overall treadwear after 5000+ miles: Zero! Excellent treadwear.

I've also run these tires at 97 mph for a good 30 minutes straight (no steering wobble either) and they performed excellent at speed.

If I could get rid of the steering-wobble, I would recommend these tires at 100%, however I can't do that right now until further evaluation.

Hope that helps.

Old 07-25-2007 | 11:18 PM
I contacted discount tire and asked about 305/55/20's. He asked what type of truck they were going on. I have an 07 lariet supercrew 4x4. He typed in the truck and told me that a 295 was the biggest tire I could run without rubbing, which by the way is not available. My truck is stock height with factory 20's. I would like to put the 305/55/20's on but now I am afraid they want fit based upon what the guy told me. Any input would be appreciated. These tires are $13 per tire cheaper than the Terra Grapplers, which way should I go? Thanks to all for the help.

Old 07-26-2007 | 06:18 AM
I contacted discount tire and asked about 305/55/20's. He asked what type of truck they were going on. I have an 07 lariet supercrew 4x4. He typed in the truck and told me that a 295 was the biggest tire I could run without rubbing, which by the way is not available. My truck is stock height with factory 20's. I would like to put the 305/55/20's on but now I am afraid they want fit based upon what the guy told me. Any input would be appreciated. These tires are $13 per tire cheaper than the Terra Grapplers, which way should I go? Thanks to all for the help.
My brother-in-Law had the Terra Grapplers and did not like them very much due to tread wear. If you put the 2.5' lift on the front the 305/50/20s should fit as they do on my 05 FX4 screw. They will not rubb turning the wheel to its limits in both directions. I had the wobble that FyrCom had and had the tires force balanced at a local shop where I live. I have not seen the wobble since.

Old 07-26-2007 | 01:00 PM
The size I got is 305/50/20. I also got a 2.5" leveling kit, no rubbing!

Quick Reply: Cooper Zeon Ltz?