2000 F150 Rear Disc Brakes Lock In Reverse

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 11:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep, the clunk in reverse is USUALLY always a sign of a bad emergency brake but a lot of people mistake it for the universal joints. I just repaired both side of my e brake last week along iwht all of the hardware. The discs had rusted right off and the cams were rusted together.

No more clunking or clickign though!

Old 08-22-2007, 11:33 AM
Was it a pain in the A? How much for the hardware?

Old 11-24-2007, 02:51 PM
ah, crap. this must be the problem with mine. i had my truck sitting in the driveway (in below freezing temps) the other day, put it in reverse, and heard a big clunk as my truck immediately stopped. i thought i hit a kid on the sidewalk or something. i jumped out to find no kids... whew.

so i put it in drive, it went back up the driveway just fine, and reversed it again, it got a little bit further, but locked up again... this happened a few times, then i ignored it.

this morning it reversed just fine, i pulled it into the garage, and now it's locked up so i can't get back out of the garage...

i'm in the process of putting my winter wheels on anyway so... hopefully i can just let the e-brake out and be done with it.

Quick Reply: 2000 F150 Rear Disc Brakes Lock In Reverse