ProComp Extr MT vs. Nitto M/G

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 11:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not, saying your wrong Wandell. Like I said I had heard the same thing and it was from a very reputable shop round here. It comes down to each individual tire. I would say cross rotating them will work with no problems 9 out of 10, even 99 out of 100. But in my case I am going to stick with that old rule of thumb. If you cross rotate you run a risk (no matter how small), where as if you rotate front to back, you run absolutely zero chance. The other problem with the cross rotate is once you wear a tire a certain way, it has certain groves and a specific wear pattern, now crossing them up and forcing them to turn a different way may cause problems (especially if you wore them in some type of un-even pattern). I don't know about you guys, but shelling out the cash for tires is a fairly big expense so I will take the precautions and take as good of care of them as possible (except thrashing around off road). But thanks for the info, hearing that u cross it up a lot makes me think it was more the tires than the rotation.

Old 08-23-2007, 12:28 AM
my buddy has a set of nitto mg's and has had them on for 24,000 miles with plenty of tread left on them. He just rotates them every 3000 miles. But yes they are LOUD.

Old 08-23-2007, 01:15 AM
I'll stick to what actual tire manufacturers recommend for tire rotations.

http://www.tiresafety.com/maintenance.asp

Old 08-23-2007, 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by LsuSuperCrew
I'll stick to what actual tire manufacturers recommend for tire rotations.

http://www.tiresafety.com/maintenance.asp
And what would that be? they recommend all of them. So, nobody is wrong, stick with what works. I guess i just like tradition. But awesome website. So true, most people ignore their tires. Especially the SPARE!! If you actually plan on running the spare tire u bought (full sized) then u need to properly wear it in. Great site! Thanks.

Quick Reply: ProComp Extr MT vs. Nitto M/G