Cutting rotors history?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 03:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
www.rotorpros.com they are cheaper then stock and can be drilled and sloted and powdercoated if you want

Old 08-23-2008, 07:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Speaking from first hand experience, I would say no to turning the stock rotors on these newer trucks. I did that when I replaced my oem pads to Carquest Blues and within 15,000 mi they appear to be warped. Plenty of steering wheel shudder and brake pedal shudder under moderate braking. Save yourself the time and replace the stock rotors when switching pads.

Old 09-06-2008, 09:40 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
As the cost of turning rotors gets closer to the cost of buying new ones, the cutting of rotors becomes more so a thing of the past. The math does change if you own the turning machine. Better yet, with an on-car lathe in your shop it's always cost effective to turn the rotors. Thing is, that's not the case for those of us doing our own brakes with a floor jack and some hand tools. We have to burn gas driving to a shop and then wait for the turning machine, paying with time and gas before getting out the cash.

Then you have to ask, with all other things being equal, which set of brake pads will last longer, the pad set on a cut rotor, or a new rotor?

Last edited by greencrew; 09-06-2008 at 09:44 PM.

Quick Reply: Cutting rotors history?