"Satisfied Brakes" suck

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 06:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Satisfied Brakes" suck

I just wanted to pass on along my experience. I put a set of their pads on the front of my truck. They have been on there for less than a year and they are worn out! To make matters worse, it isn't like they stop particularly well. And my driving style is very ginger anyway. So, I've never abused them. I'm only towed once with them on a 400 mile trip.

Junk. Look elsewhere.

Old 11-10-2007, 09:37 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What pads did you use and what did the wear pattern look like? What kind of prep do you do when replacing pads?

Old 11-11-2007, 12:09 PM
Cool

hawk hps, brembo blanks, dot4 fluid.

Old 11-11-2007, 10:59 PM
Originally Posted by torkum
What pads did you use and what did the wear pattern look like? What kind of prep do you do when replacing pads?
I took everything apart last night and took a good look at the pads. There's about as much friction material left as the thickness of the backing plate. So, I figure that they may last a few more months, but we're nearing the end. Friction compound was their Performance VS (part number PF679). https://www.satisfiedbrakes.com/brakes/index.html#

My prep was fairly straight forward. New rotors, lubed sliders (upper and lower), and one new caliper. The wear was even on both sides and comparable on both sides of the car. And I bled the brakes w/ the motorcraft brake fluid. I've had great experience with it in racing applications.

The pads themselves, stop but generate an aweful amount of dust. Of course, as fast as those things are wearing, I would expect that. I actually don't mind the dust, but I do mind the wear rate.

There's a noticeable grinding coming to a stop that just started, but I don't know what that is. I'll admit that I was initially blaming that on the pads, but after my examination, it's clear that it isn't the pads.

Last edited by Sphinx; 11-11-2007 at 11:07 PM.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:36 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds like you did proper prep on the install. Most everybody here recommends the CarQuest Blues on the pads, do a search for more details.

Old 11-14-2007, 03:12 PM
Well I put on the Satisfied SUV pads over 1000 miles ago.

Love them. No squeal, minimal dust. and great stopping power.

Old 11-18-2007, 08:21 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
gotta go with wagner thermoquiets or the carquest pads.

Quick Reply: "Satisfied Brakes" suck